Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on the best place to get 45 bullets for reloading? Sure would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got an order of LSWC from Missouri Bullet Company yesterday. Quick turnaround and reasonably priced, but I haven't gotten to load and test them yet.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
another vote for Rocky Mountain Reloading esp for plated

another vote for Missouri esp for cast

Berry's has been selling seconds

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
RMR sometimes sells seconds at a reduced price. They always note the fact. I've had no issues with their thick plated first quality or seconds. I did buy a batch of "thirds" once that noted it would have some pulled FMJ 230s mixed in. I don't think I'll do that again. I prefer the plated bullets for my purposes. The FMJs "felt" different when seating and I would rather everything feel consistent when I'm pulling the reloading press lever. They all shot just fine so no worries with the product.

Load, Shoot, Clean, Repeat...

·
Registered
265 Posts
For 45 target/plinking, I only load FMJ in 230 gns. (I also load SD XTPs). I buy all my FMJ in bulk, 500 or more at a time from the major online retailers. Almost always I get them on sale, free shipping, etc.

Midway USA
Grafs
Midsouth
PSA
etc

·
Registered
667 Posts
Cast your own! It won't hurt you.

Reactions: newxder50

·
Registered
326 Posts
Google Bayou Bullets if you want coated lead bullets. I use their 230 gr. round nose. I'm very satisfied with them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
All of the above are good. For coated I have been buying from SNS for the last year or so, and lots of plain lead from them for many years. Xtreme and RMR (Rocky Mountain Reloading) seem to be the same bullets and are excellent heavily plated bullets. You might also consider Montana Gold for JHP and jacketed bullets for range work as they also have a very good reputation for accuracy and consistency.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
I buy Berry plated bullets at the gun show from a fellow vendor. That way I avoid shipping charges.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts