Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I ordered my C5L from Xfighterdefense.com and Jim was very helpful and I got my product very quickly! Extremely happy!

So right out of the box:

- Everything works as it should
- Came with everything it's supposed to
- Easy install and programming

Took it to the range the same weekend I got it and got 100 rounds through it. Put 200 rounds the following weekend trip to the range (total of 300) since and hasn't lost zero, doesn't randomly shut off or stop working. The range I go to is outdoors, but I could still clearly see the green laser on the target from 30 feet in bright sunlight.

I have never had it accidently turn on, even when I put it into the IWB holster. Now, I don't know if this is because the battery is almost dead or if it's a malfunction, but I can't get the unit to cycle through the other modes anymore. The laser still turns on, but when I try to switch to tac light or pulsing laser, it doesn't let me. It will flash the tac light once and shut off altogether. I'll be replacing the battery today after work and will update.

If you have questions or anything about the product please ask, I'm willing to help as best I can.

Overall, solid product.

EDIT: It was the battery, so product is perfect! lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great write up... Thanks for sharing your experience with this product.

Basing on your pic... it fits the XD well and blends in with the gun's aesthetics.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update. I ran into an issue where a screw holding the unit to the rail that attaches to the rail on the gun fall off and I lost it. Replaced it with the extra that was in the box. Another screw on the front of the unit started to come out as well. No idea why, it was holstered and wasn't fired while these screws were lost. I let Viridian know and they took care of it very quickly! So hopefully I don't run into anymore issues.

Have about 800 rounds through the gun with the C5L attached and haven't had any other issues with it. Unit still works great and laser and tac light are as bright as ever.

·
Registered
64 Posts
im torn between this and the CT red. i like the green with taclite but im like the activation on the CT.

that and the reviews for the veridian on midway are less than favorable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do whatever you'll be most comfortable with and whatever you'll be able to utilize the most for whatever reason you're using your weapon for. I've had nothing but fantastic service from Viridian, even when I did a warranty exchange. Emails were prompt, shipping was super fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts