Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I no longer keep an exact count but I've been putting hundreds of rounds through my XDsc almost every weekend. My count is just over 4000 or so and I've had zero gun related issues. I had one light strike not too long ago with a WWB but I've chalked that up to ammo, not the weapon. That particular bullet fired the second time through. I've fired all types of ammo, including some reloads from a friend but most were WWB, Federal, Blazer, Hornady, CorBon and Speer Gold Dots. A few weeks ago I replaced the recoil spring though I doubt I need too and I'm replacing the striker retainer pin with a PRP product though I'm thinking I don't need to...just for insurance and upkeep. A fantastic gun IMO that I trust with my life. Not my primary CCW carry but I use it for auto defense and occasional CCW. Might carry it more when I get my IWB Kingtuck.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will say I take care of it, clean after almost every use, keep it lubricated, etc. Meaning I haven't gone crawling around in the mud/dirt without cleaning then shooting. Maybe it would have had issues, don't know. But for what I'm using it for, it has been fantastic.

Now trying to resist another XD/M as I shot the XDM 45 and FNP-45 tactical today...the FNP was great but it was a friends who hadn't taken care of his mag springs so I couldn't get through a single mag without the springs sticking or having a FTF. Rented the range gun, the XDM 45 and put 110 flawless rounds through it and it was a dirty, nasty gun.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Another testimonial on XD's reliability:)

How's the new recoil spring working out for you? Did you purchased it from springfield?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another testimonial on XD's reliability:)

How's the new recoil spring working out for you? Did you purchased it from springfield?
It was a stock one but bought it from XDGuys which was not a good experience. The stock one was probably still good to go but just did some upkeep anyway.

·
Registered
895 Posts
post pics of every empty casing and you shooting every round or it didn't happen!!!!!(just kidding) congrats man, the XD line is a tank, at 4,000 rounds i'd send it to Springfield to have them give it a once thru, they may replace/upgrade stuff for very cheap if not free and they normally hook people up.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
post pics of every empty casing and you shooting every round or it didn't happen!!!!!(just kidding) congrats man, the XD line is a tank, at 4,000 rounds i'd send it to Springfield to have them give it a once thru, they may replace/upgrade stuff for very cheap if not free and they normally hook people up.
I'll probably send them an email and ask why they might recommend. They told me before that the recoil spring would be good for 5-6000+ rounds, maybe more. I replaced at 3.5-4k rounds.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I have tried to keep an accurate count on my XDsc. Just hit 2k. Absolutely love mine. Half as many rounds as you but 100% flawless as well. Glad you're enjoying the sub.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, loving my sub that I'm thinking about buying another, one in OD green. I sent Springfield a message asking what should I do at this point and they said just swap the recoil spring around 5k rounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts