Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been personalizing my .40 XDm compact waiting on my CHL to get here. Put the magazine extensions in, rubberized grip tape, filled in the lettering with a silver inlay kit, and just finished polishing the barrel and the tip of the guide rod. Not as good as sending off the have the polishing done, but pretty good. No night sights as of yet. Been spending cash on my new AR, and haven't decided if I want actual night sights or a laser now that Crimsontrace has one that fits the XDm compact.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
looking good..i think if you search the forums you can find a thread which will tell you the right compound to use on the barrel to get the mirror chrome like finish. Also you need a cream type lube for the barrel, a reg gun oil wont last on the polish finish

·
Registered
138 Posts
This looks AWESOME, EXACTLY what I want to do with my XDM9C, with the addition of red inlay in the "XDM" in the grip. I've got the Pearce Grip extension, next up is polishing the barrel and recoil spring. You said you used a Silver Inlay kit, where from? I take it this is different then the crayon or paint pen technique... Thanks for sharing.

Phillip

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get it in Gold and Silver. I tried the crayon and fingernail polish, and liked this the best.

Gold Inlay Filling Kit

This looks AWESOME, EXACTLY what I want to do with my XDM9C, with the addition of red inlay in the "XDM" in the grip. I've got the Pearce Grip extension, next up is polishing the barrel and recoil spring. You said you used a Silver Inlay kit, where from? I take it this is different then the crayon or paint pen technique... Thanks for sharing.

Phillip

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You can get it in Gold and Silver. I tried the crayon and fingernail polish, and liked this the best.

Gold Inlay Filling Kit
Thanks as well. I'd like to do it, however, doesn't seem to be any more "silver" kits available from anyone (only gold now). You can still purchase the silver vile from Forster though. Did you have to purchase the gold kit and then the extra vile of silver? Or, did you find the last silver kit out there?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the kit comes with gold, and you have to purchase the silver extra. Seems like it was only a few dollars extra for the silver. I didn't mind, thought I may use the gold on one of my rifles or something so no biggie.

Thanks as well. I'd like to do it, however, doesn't seem to be any more "silver" kits available from anyone (only gold now). You can still purchase the silver vile from Forster though. Did you have to purchase the gold kit and then the extra vile of silver? Or, did you find the last silver kit out there?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think the kit comes with gold, and you have to purchase the silver extra. Seems like it was only a few dollars extra for the silver. I didn't mind, thought I may use the gold on one of my rifles or something so no biggie.
Ok and thanks. Yes, they haven't had silver for 2 years now but they still have the silver viles alone for sale (only ones to get it from). It's around $5.50+- and it's almost that amount in shipping. The kit from them is around $15. but around $13 from other places. Thought you may have happened upon a place that still had some left over silver kits. You did a great job on your's and that's what has me wanting to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts