Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a conversion barrel for this? If not could you use the conversion for the 4" service and just have it extend past the slide, as i've seen this done in the glocks?

If this won't work is there a conversion barrel coming out for the xd40sc?

Would you have to change mags also?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want to know the answer to this too. Someone in another post said EFK made them but then others said they didn't so I'm still not sure if anyone makes a 9mm conversion barrel for our 40sc.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
from what I have read here. the barrel lugs are different between the subcompact and other xds so using a 4" barrel is out.

Im not sure about running a 9mm SC barrel in a 40SC frame and slide (I would image there is too much slop around the bbl for this)

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
i just asked this question to pistol gear. no there is no conversion for the sub comact. the lugs are differant.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Storm Lake barrels website says they are coming out with a conversion barrel soon for the sc.
yeah it has said that for a long time, from what i have researched and read there is no plans to make a barrel of such. if you do happen to find one though, I would be interested for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
EFK Has a XD40 sub compact to 9mm conversion barrell. And yes you also have to use a 9mm mag with this conversion. Changing the mag just seems to make the action much smother and keeps it from jamming. You can also get an extended and threadded version of this same conversion barrell so you canconvert to a suppressed 9mm xd one minute and have a hard hitting 40s&w the next with the same gun!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
The 5" barrels will work in a 4" pistol, the extra 1" just hangs out the end. The 3" subcompact barrels are totally different in profile.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
EFK Has a XD40 sub compact to 9mm conversion barrell. And yes you also have to use a 9mm mag with this conversion. Changing the mag just seems to make the action much smother and keeps it from jamming. You can also get an extended and threadded version of this same conversion barrell so you canconvert to a suppressed 9mm xd one minute and have a hard hitting 40s&w the next with the same gun!
Yup EFK has them listed, lots of flavors for the SC
Springfield XDSUB/XDS/XDT/XDM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts