Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a 1,000 of "my first day out" threads, but here is mine.. :D

this being my first pistol i was more than excited to go burn some rounds. I went out on a day that was a little cold, 13* actually. I didnt get to shoot to much , but i did shoot about 50 rounds of WWB and some hollows to make sure that it wont have any issues at 3am if i ever need it.

I love this thing. thats about all that i can really say at the moment. I would post pics, but not really a reason to becuase if you are a member here then you already know what a bone stock tactical looks like.

Im hoping to maybe hit the range with a buddy of mine that has an xd9, then ill post some pics of my paper killing.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Congrats on the new XD! Glad to hear the first trip went well...

·
Registered
97 Posts
whats the difrence in the .40 Tactical ad the XDM40? I have the latter and LOVE IT!!!!! the best auto I have ever shot!

·
Registered
97 Posts
so the only thing difrent on xd and the xd tactical is the barrel length?

·
Registered
97 Posts
As far as I know. I think that mag capacity is a little different between all tho

I was thinking they held more ammo as well. I was just curious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dimensionally, the service model and the tactical model are identical except for the barrel length, same magazines, same frame, 1" difference in the length of the slide and barrel. There is also a difference in the recoil spring and guide that makes a lot of difference in how the guns handle. Despite the extra weight and sight radius, I am still faster with my 4" 9mm XD than with the 5". The sights come back to alignment that little piece of a second sooner to let me run through a stage just that little bit more quickly. But I wouldn't part with either of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts