Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a relatively new SC and have found that it does not always feed reliably. Ejects fine and starts to feed ok but the round hangs up and the slide does not return to full battery. Often a smack to the back of the slide fixes it but that is not acceptable for a carry weapon. Happens with ball and JHP. Feedramp already looks nice and polished from the factory, anyone make a stronger spring assembly? Would a bit more polishing help, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Clean it real good then oil each contact point(rails)
with a quality firearms lubricant.
Was this happening with all magazines?
What ammo have you tried?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not limp wristing, it's well cleaned and lubed and broken it. It has happened with Speer Gold Dots, Fed. EFMJ, WallBall, Fed. American Eagle and 180gr Black Hills (JHP). Now thay you mention it does seem to happen more with the 12 rounder, I wonder if the mags are just too tight?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
It could be the magazine. I can't remember if I had problems with the mag, but you can leave it topped out until the next time that you go to the range, and maybe it will help since the mag is relatively new. I don't use my 12 round mag because, I never plan on using it for carry. So when I go to the range, I only shoot with the 9 round mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts