Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
All people seem to prefer different ammo for various reasons. Some have a factual reason, some don't. All preference. Some like FMJ for better penetration. Some like frangible rounds that don't over-penetrate. some like hollow point for maximum damage/stopping. Study the options and make a choice. If it goes "BANG" reliably it can't be too bad.

Personally I use Cor-bon DPX for better penetration, all copper round won't lose weight by seperating, and hollow point for best possible stopping power.

But that's my opinion.

Have your own.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Very fond of the Remington Golden Sabre's , Their Hollow point passed the Govt standards for penatration and expansion, Total reliability easily controlled. I bet my life on them daily as my duty load.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I went with 165g Golden Sabre. I talked to the fellows at the local gun shop two being retired LEO's and they suggested the G Sabre also. I also investigated the balistics test on Cor-Bon, Hydra-Shok, and a few others and the G Sabre seemed to have the best stats. I also carry 165g Hydra-Sock they tested out darn well also. 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah as you can see, everyone has something they like.

I carry the Remington Golden Sabers as well. Several of my LEO and former millitary friends all use it. The local shop guy also said that he has it in every handgun he owns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
not sure if anyone else has tried them, but i have found some defense loads from an outfit called extreme shock. they are air marshall loads. they use some type of hardend plastic material. upon impact on an organtic mass such as the human body, penatration is 7-10 inches with massive fragmentation. however if they strike objects such as the bedroom wall, seat backs etc, they disintagrate so there is almost no way to cause secondary damage. they arent cheap running about 15 bucks for five. they have calibers from .380 up to 45 including the gap and 357sig.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts