Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a -1" 10 round group @ 10 yards shot today at work using my XD40 Tactical w/ PRP Ultimate Match Trigger kit (3lbs) and Trijicon HD sights.

Rounds are 40 S&W Zero 180 gr TCFM loaded w/ 5.5 gr Unique and an OAL of 1.128. CCI primers and mixed cheapo once fired brass.

I was a little worried about pressure but the brass shows no signs of over pressure and the recoil felt normal. They fired with a slightly more pronounced muzzle flash than 180 gr FMJ WWB.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Yeah, Unique & WSF are magic in the 40 in most guns I have tried, lead, plated or jacketed. Good choice!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure the ammo+gun is much more accurate than what is shown. I shot this group fairly lazily in a modified Weaver stance. I have no doubt with a better target (something to aim at other than the first round's hole), more effort, a better shooter or bench resting they would have all gone through a two round sized keyhole. The Trijicon HD sights are also not built for match accuracy. The front sight is larger than this group at 10 yards.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I'm sure the ammo+gun is much more accurate than what is shown. I shot this group fairly lazily in a modified Weaver stance. I have no doubt with a better target (something to aim at other than the first round's hole), more effort, a better shooter or bench resting they would have all gone through a two round sized keyhole. The Trijicon HD sights are also not built for match accuracy. The front sight is larger than this group at 10 yards.
Actually, I have shot some of my best offhand groups w/ no beginning aim point. Center a bullet hole then shoot the bullet hole, aim small miss small.:D Now, push that target back a bit, for me accuracy testing starts @ 50ft for service auto, 75ft for magnums.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I have shot some of my best offhand groups w/ no beginning aim point. Center a bullet hole then shoot the bullet hole, aim small miss small.:D Now, push that target back a bit, for me accuracy testing starts @ 50ft for service auto, 75ft for magnums.

The "aim at the bullet hole" method works much better with a white target vs a brown cardboard square. :D I definately need to take it out farther to really test it but I don't have the front sight to do it justice. I am suffering from the "multipurpose gun" syndrome. I have a match trigger kit and a five inch barrel but HD sights. It's kind of like a dirtbike with headlights. It isn't great at uber target shooting but it's plenty accurate enough for it's intended use. I was pleased with the product Zero puts out for the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts