Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try .40 in their XDM10? I read lots of stuff about people shooting it in their G20's by thousands with no ill effects. Apparently the extractor holds it in place so it works. Accuracy suffers though at longer distances.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See my response in your other thread...but let me condense that one more:

There’s stupid, and then there's willingly stupid. This would be the latter.
Cuda66 said:
"Your hands & face, buddy. Do what you want.

I wouldn’t. A .40 conversion barrel will be cheap...hell, you can pick up a used XDM40 for $300 on Armslist if you look for it...

Or, risk having your extractor being a little out of spec and have a 35000psi out of battery kaBoom a couple feet from your face. You do the math..."

There are no conversion barrels available for the XDM10.Well the glock guys haven't had that problem with many thousands down range. The XDM also has better chamber support than Blocks. Why would the extractor get out of spec? The cases are identical except for length. I already fired a mag full. Accuracy wasn't as good though. Just looking for cheap practice.

·
Registered
29,981 Posts
Cuda66 said:

I wouldn’t. A .40 conversion barrel will be cheap...hell, you can pick up a used XDM40 for $300 on Armslist if you look for it...

Or, risk having your extractor being a little out of spec and have a 35000psi out of battery kaBoom a couple feet from your face. You do the math..."

There are no conversion barrels available for the XDM10.Well the glock guys haven't had that problem with many thousands down range. The XDM also has better chamber support than Blocks. Why would the extractor get out of spec? The cases are identical except for length. I already fired a mag full. Accuracy wasn't as good though. Just looking for cheap practice.
I’ll stick with my responses.

If you’d rather risk blowing up your pistol because you want to shoot the wrong ammo in it (for no good conceivable reason, to boot) well...isn’t that special.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Text Font Line Number Document
I’ll stick with my responses.

If you’d rather risk blowing up your pistol because you want to shoot the wrong ammo in it (for no good conceivable reason, to boot) well...isn’t that special.

Aren't self proclaimed experts entertaining.. You still haven't explained why it would "blow up". Thats because it won't. Dismiss this link if you want, pontificate from on high, but it's full of information. Please enlighten me with your educationinal background in the field of ballistics.. I'll wait..

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/40-in-10mm.1698992/#post-25269228

·
Registered
29,981 Posts
View attachment 623993

Aren't self proclaimed experts entertaining.. You still haven't explained why it would "blow up". Thats because it won't. Dismiss this link if you want, pontificate from on high, but it's full of information. Please enlighten me with your educationinal background in the field of ballistics.. I'll wait..

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/40-in-10mm.1698992/#post-25269228

Do you have a stutter? You seem incapable of not posting the same thing in multiple posts.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I don’t mind whether you shoot .40 in your 10mm or not. Heck, I fired a whole mag of .380 in my 9mm when I forgot the right ammo one day.

But allow me to point out, if you feel the Calguns link reinforces your argument with another poster, the author is mis-stating the definition of headspace. Once you start redefining standards that have been standards for decades, that source becomes questionable.

Carry on, I’m making more popcorn.

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
I get the premise of cheaper practice ammo, but it sounds like this idea is a dud.

You want cheap? Get yourself a used .40 XD or XDM and a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel... shopped right you could be all in for under 400 bux. Probably under 300 if you just got the regular (non-M) and a used barrel.

Or skip it altogether and buy a Glock.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I shoot 38 in my 357's all the time.

Reactions: sparkyv and 835mag

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cuda66 said:

I’ll just keep it simple and say “you don’t know what you don’t know.”

I strongly recommend that you either get a conversion barrel, or don’t shoot .40 S&W through your 10mm at all.

You’ve been warned, and just because some idiots with glocks do it doesn’t mean that you should. (Similar to when you were little, and your Mom said “ well just because someone else jumped off a bridge doesn’t mean that you should too.”)

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I will say that I own a EAA Witness Elite Match in 10 MM, I am only going to shoot 10 MM in it I also own XDM10 in 4.5 and 5.25, G20 and G29 they also only have 10 MM shot in them. I shoot 357 in 357's too. I hear you can shoot 380 in 9 MM's too, but since there is no economic advantage, you don't hear much about it. I just use what is imprinted on the barrel or receiver or frame. I buy 40 S&W guns to shoot 40

Okay I do occasionally shoot 223 out of a 5.56 AR, but 98% is going to be 5.56, but I don't shoot 22LR in my 22WMR guns.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Ever notice when you read a thread from someone with a really dumb gun idea, and after arguing their dumb idea isn't dumb, they suddenly disappear? Makes me wonder what happened to them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts