Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that my new XD40 doesn't like some .40s. Is this normal? It'll feed 180gr Gold Dots just fine, but jams up nicely with 155 grain starfires.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yup. The .40 always had feed problems with some ammo. Personaly I refuse to own a gun like that so I sold it and now just stick with the 9mm. I don't need more.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have found only one round my XD-40 would not feed and that was CCI Blazer 165 grain. Everything else it has feed pretty close to flawlessly. Even my own reloads. I have about 7000 round through two xd-40's since april and both have been very reliable.

mcb

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Ive had 2 xd 40's.The service had bad feeding probs,but the sub was fine.A buddy of mine also has a service 40,it was doing great til around the 500 round then it also started having feeding probs.I'll stick with the 9mm in the XD never a prob with over 3000 rds.It seems that maybe the XD was meant to be a 9mm,I may be wrong wont be the 1st time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
TheWillis said:
Collin, I think that is the scariest avatar I have ever seen! :shock:
I agree. It really hurts to look at it. Even when you aren't looking at it, you feel IT is i looking at you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have .40 and had a handfull of FT feed's in the begining...but after a good feed ramp polish and maybe some break in time, i've had 0 FTF's in over 2000 rnds.

don't sweat it..you have a good pistol. If you can't get it to work properly, call SA and see if they'll do warranty work on it for ya.

have fun

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the words, guys. I'll just shoot the hell out of it. It loves 180 grain gold dots!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts