Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen on here that people have been buying 9mm barrel conversion kits for their xd40 and wanted to get some feedback. I think this is mod is cool in theory but was wondering how reliable it is to take a 40 cal xd model and convert it to a 9mm simply by swapping out the barrels. Any failure to load or cycle being that the springs would be a little tighter on the 40 cal models? Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, who is the best manufacture to buy the 9mm barrel from?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Which model XD40? I got a 9mm conversion barrel for my XD40SC from Firedragon. At the time, that was the only brand offering conversion barrels for the SC model. I had to get a 9mm magazine to get it to feed right but after that, no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
9mm and .40 pistols use the same weight spring.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
My son has one 9mm FD barrel. He's put several thousand rounds though it with out any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I use a Storm Lake 9mm barrel in my XDm40 on occasion and usually change the recoil spring to a 14 lb for my 130 pf reloads. Runs fine with the factory spring or a 16 lb but incredibly flat with the 14. No issues with accuracy or function so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts