Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually my third post as I dropped an opinion on another thread. Just wanted to say that I appreciate the informed users on this forum. I was new to handguns and under the advise of many, I took the leap into CCW. I have not looked back and am grateful that I live in a country that we can excercise this right. After lurking for awhile I bought a XD9SC in addition to my Kel Tec P11. World of difference in the two pieces, but each serves a purpose. Being new to the gun world I wont chime in much, but I am learning much and have had a very positive feeling reading this forum. My entire family shoots now and find the time spent together very enjoyable. Sad thing is my 8 year old has had more classes and range time than myself or my wife. He shoots a Ruger 10/22 youth, very well and safely. I soon hope to be able to shoot some competition with him or alone. It seems people here believe in safe shooting and honest opinions. I am grateful for any info that I receive here and will conribute when possible.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Welcome!
There is as much social stuff working on XDtalk as there is gun related stuff...seek and ye shall find! :cool:;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome... Having your kid shoot better than you is OK having your wife shoot better than you not good. :-D

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Glad to hear you all focus on safety!! I cannot stress enough on safety for children!!! Extra safety is in need when weapons are in the house. Having the family involved is awesome!!! good job!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the replies! Yes, gun safety was the largest priority before the wife would allow any guns in the house. I believe education and the safety between your ears are the most important things to enjoyable shooting. Look forward to many good years of family outings. By the way, wifey hasn't shot better----yet!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you are here.

I believe education and the safety between your ears are the most important things to enjoyable shooting.
^ You are 100% correct!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I still consider myself a new shooter, having started last December. I joined this forum when I bought my XD9 earlier this year, and it has been very valuable. It's a great site!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My daughter just graduated Paris Island (like her old man) and is attending OCS, (unlike her old man) . She's giving me a run for my money on the target range. It's my son, Army 212th inf. that gets pissed off. I couldn't be happier! I told him where he could learn to shoot! haha! Naw, he don't really get mad but somehow, (we'll call it luck), she outshoots him! I love it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts