Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm pretty new to shooting and this will be my first gun. I've already paid for my new XD .40 service and i'm in 10day waiting period for it. But i keep hearing about some deal that includes 3 mags and a holster. What is that all about? Can someone clue me in? thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
It's just a special promotion that SA is doing. You get 2 regular mags, 1 hi-cap and a tactical holster. Here is a link so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29690409

Impactguns.com has the best deal I've seen on this package (out of stock currently), but others are pretty close to their price too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh... ic... thanks for fillin me in. I guess since i already ordered mine, it won't be that package deal and especially so since in cali, they don't allow the 10+ mags. That sucks...

OH well....

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got my service model from a gun store in arizona with the 3 hi caps and molded holster for 486.00 we have no waiting period, in and out in 10 minutes.... crazy

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up my XD9 service in the "lunch box special" with 3 15 rounders for 469 last week. No waiting period here in GA thank god. Because I let my CCW expire (now i have to take of work and pay 42 bucks to get it again) I had to wait 5 minutes for them to run my background check, then i got to leave.

·
Registered
347 Posts
One of my local dealers is claiming that the deal on SCs is one standard and one hi-cap magazine, plus a holster. Which might be the case, or they might be skimming off the third magazine and selling it seperately at a profit. Something dealers often do.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Went to my local gun store and got the "lunch box" special with 3 12 round mags for $425, which includes tax and a $5 State fee(minus my LEO discount.) Did this around the 28th of Feb. and I'm still waiting for it to come in.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does springfield have a substitute special for the CA, MAss, NY people who can't get the hicap mags?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
orc4hire said:
One of my local dealers is claiming that the deal on SCs is one standard and one hi-cap magazine, plus a holster. Which might be the case, or they might be skimming off the third magazine and selling it seperately at a profit. Something dealers often do.
Thier should be a promo paper inside the box the sub comes with 2 standard mags and 1 hi cap with sleeve :D Got mine 419plus tax
Band states get three ten rounders

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i got my XD-9 a few weeks ago and it came with holster and 3 hi-cap mags for $419 in Bloomington
Good deal eh?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in West Texas and I got a Service Model Two-Tone with 3 x 12rd mags plus molded holster for $485. The solid black was $435.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was at a local dealer here today that has two each XD-9SC and XD-40 SC with 3 mags (2 9/10 round and 1 hi-cap with sleeve) and holster in all black for $489. More are supposedly coming in from the SHOT show. I paid $439 for my XD-9SC a few weeks ago and another $22 for the holster and another $30 for the hi-cap mag without the sleeve - &@%&#^$(&*$$(*!()+.

·
Registered
109 Posts
One thing I may point out, I understand that promo deal actually ended back in January, but there are still quite a few kits floating around.

Mine was 3 hicaps, holster and XD9 for $429.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just "Won" a "Gear up and Go hard" deal today for an XD40 compact two tone. It will be $480 total after $20 shipping.

I have wanted a compact 40 but was waiting for a SS model. How long ago did these come out?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here in The Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey gun prices run higher due to the high cost of being in the gun business.
I paid $495.00 for my promo package deal. (Black XD-9 Service with 3- 15 round mags, holster, lock & lunch box)
I took me a week to get the handgun purchaser's permit, 5 minutes for the NICS check, and out the door.
The liberal politicians have tried to include a 10 day waiting period here, but since it taks people in most locations of this state up to 3 months to get a Handgun Purchaser's Permit, the waiting period has been withheld. I'm one of the few lucky one's that personally knows the Capt of detectives that handles these permits for my municipality, and I usually get mine cleared in a week or less.

BTW....I don't know about the promo ending in January, my gun dealer just got a pile of these in the day before I got mine, and that was last Saturday 3/12/05......
They are also running a package deal on the XD-45 that includes a box of .45G.A.P. ammo.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts