Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been hot here and I've broken out the LCP for easy carry...just wondering what you're using for defense ammo in your 380 when you carry it...I picked up some buffalo bore 100gr. hard cast flat nose but looking for other opinions on what else works as well...I've also used regular Winchester FMJ 95gr. truncated..I know a few others here tote 380's as well so I'm interested in other SD ammo opinions...

·
Banned
0 Posts
I carry fiocchi Extremas and Wilson combat xtp, they both use the Hornady xtp bullet which seems to be the best performer in 380 acp it consistently penetrates 12" and stops before 18"

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I think what you have will do just fine providing you have used it enough to know your gun will cycle properly and that you are able to hit what you aim at.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think what you have will do just fine providing you have used it enough to know your gun will cycle properly and that you are able to hit what you aim at.
Absolutely agree...I'll always run quite a few mags of defense rounds thru to ensure no hiccups...gotta say this LCP has run everything great so far...

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Absolutely agree...I'll always run quite a few mags of defense rounds thru to ensure no hiccups...gotta say this LCP has run everything great so far...
Although some can be finicky, mine is like yours. It shoots anything I load into it.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I'm running a mix of Federal HST and some decent FMJ in my Kahr CW380.

Also have another brand of hollow point mixed in the mag, just forget what it is at the moment....

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
FMJ

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Something that works reliably in your gun, expands reliably and penetrates between 12 and 18 inches.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Just don't carry critical defense. They have been known to bounce off the gel blocks.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts