Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive came to this forum i have read 3 times."The 357 sig XD is more reliable".Where does this come from?I have a XD 40 service 5000 rds plus and had 1 FTF no FTE.The reason for the FTF issue was my friend made a bulge in a reload.I have nothing against a 357 sig rd.But i have a 357 mag and got the 40 cal.Down the road i thought about getting a conversion barrel in 357 sig.But i still would like to know how the 357 is more reliable

·
Registered
68 Posts
A bottle neck cartrige is usually more reliable in feeding due to the design.Be aware of set back of the bullet,never rechamber a round several times.I saw what happen to a sig 229 and it was not pretty.In Texas some of the LE peope do not call it one shot stop but one shot dead.In actual street use it has proved a very deadly round.I talked to Springfield about the XD 357 being hard to find and the answer was it was not a big seller and they only make a production run on the 357 ever so often.Enjoy yours.

Ed

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love my .357Sig....I shot the .40 and the .357Sig.... and I liked the .357 better. The .357 cost more to shoot but...I will use 9mm to target shoot with...

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
impcmonk said:
Really, in the XD it's no more reliable than the 9mm or .40.
I beg to differ. My year here, I have only seen 1 issue with a 357. By far, the most reliable XD

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know of twice but im almost sure 3 times not as a topic .But just reading back through some of the older topics .Have you shot your 357XD 5000 times yet NEXD.I just dont see them being more reliable as long as you watch the ammo you use.But ive shot some cheaper ammo with no failure problems but i did see accruracy differances

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I would imagine that the .357 sig would be much less picky about which ammo is used due to the bottleneck.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]I would imagine that the .357 sig would be much less picky about which ammo is used due to the bottleneck.
The bottle neck, and that most rounds are hot enough that the gun churns the rounds out like clockwork

Currently I am through 500 rounds of .357 sig without a HINT of malfunction.

A damn fine piece of machinery it is. Ejects the casing about 15 feet too :)

I bought the 229 .357 sig because of the SHEER reliability the round gives XD357's over XD40. And I aint lying about that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have well over 5,000 rounds through my 357 Sig XD Service, and it's never let me down. It's as accurate as the day I got it and I carry it everyday. The finish is just fine and nothing has failed on it. I just need to find some more 12 round magazines.

Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts