Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
im thinking of buying a 357 sig barrel to interchange with my hs40, anyone using 357 sigs?
Yes. I have firedragon 357 sig conversion barrels for my .40xd and for my glock 22.

I reload for all my pistols and rifles so ammo is not a problem, the sig uses the same bullets as the 9mm.

Its a good cartridge, sig designed it to give shooters .357 magnum performance in an auto loading pistol. It comes close to the velocity of the 357 with 124 grain bullets but can not use the heavier bullets that can be used in the 357 mag.

don

·
Registered
886 Posts
Have 4" bbl XD very accurate, very fast, if buying ammo it's pricey. I reload so buying 9mm bullets are a little less. Have read ballistics and if look close it is one of the better rounds ever made for auto. It's a case that came from the 10mm then 40s&w but is a little heavier because of pressure differences. Search posts for 357Sig. My personal preference after reading up on it. There are a lot opinions about whats better don't want to start that. Just my opinion about the research into the round.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
The 357sig round is just, well, fun to shoot.
My first Sig was a P229 in bought in 40cal, last 40cal I ever bought.
I soon bought a 357sig barrel for it and loved it.
Never shot 40cal thru that gun again.
The round is expensive, but it is a lot of fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
The ballistics and actual field results by several police agencies is excellent for the 357 Sig. It is not heavily marketed so apparently it is bought by users based on word of mouth.
I know the Texas DPS (troopers) used the 357sig in a Sig P229.
Not sure if they are still using it..

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Have 4" bbl XD very accurate, very fast, if buying ammo it's pricey. I reload so buying 9mm bullets are a little less. Have read ballistics and if look close it is one of the better rounds ever made for auto. It's a case that came from the 10mm then 40s&w but is a little heavier because of pressure differences. Search posts for 357Sig. My personal preference after reading up on it. There are a lot opinions about whats better don't want to start that. Just my opinion about the research into the round.
The .357 sig was never based on the 10mm case.

It was developed from the .40 case but is not just a necked down 40. The 357 brass is of heavier construction.

don

·
Registered
994 Posts
My XD service is 357sig
Love the round. Price and availability depends on where you live. Here in Texas its usually pretty easy to find. Cost is the same as .40

·
Registered
11 Posts
North Carolina Highway Patrol also uses the 357 sig. I have an M&Pc in 357 sig and love the round. I am going to order a drop in .40 barrel just to have it, but I have found a place that has Speer ball ammo in 357 sig for a little over $16 for a box of 50. That is the best price I have found anywhere and it allows me to shoot this round at the range a good bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts