Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Sig 229 in 357 Sig a while back,and am really enjoying shooting it.But DAMN, sure is expensive.What has everyone found as far as decent place/prices for online ammo?

Greg

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I guess it depends on what one considers a decent place/price, however, The Sportman's Guide has S&B and Ultramax (reman.) for less than $10 per box of 50 (plus shipping). MidwayUSA, Natchez Shooters Supply, and CheaperThanDirt have several offerings in the $10 - $15 per box of 50 range.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I reload .40 and use them for practice and use my .357 for carry.
Ever think of a conversion barrel in .40? or maybe one in 9mm?

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
Greg, I would suggest that you get a 9mm bull
barrel and a .40S&W barrel. I also own the
P229/357SIG since it's introduction back in 1994.

My two switch out barrels came from ErvIII at
BarSto. Although SigArms says, no-no-no on
this arrangement, I have never had any problems
whatsoever. By the way, I use the same magazines
for all three calibers. Nines and 40's are cheaper
to shoot vs. the 357SIG round. But damn, ain't it
a hoot to shoot that round. BOOM! ZING! Tain't
nothing faster other than Superman.

Ed

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cabela's sells the ultramax reloads for avg 12.50/box with shipping. It is the bulk of my practice ammo, and I can vouch for its quality. When I get to my home town, 3-4 times per year, I buy out the local pawn shop for bulk reman Speer GD's and TMJ for 40 bucks/ 250 rounds!! I am excited that the local Wally world has started to carry WWB for 13 bucks/50 rounds. Aside from the pawn shops, I rarely find buys for any less than mentioned above.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go to www.ammoman.com
I have bought ammo several times from Eric. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for .357 sig ammo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually the price difference on their reloaded 40SW isn't any different from the WWB 100 count 180 gr FMJs. Someone I was shooting with last month apparently buys reloads from his local range for $29/250 rounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts