1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
They will wirk just fine.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The 40SW and 357Sig magazines have the same dimensions. They are interchangable.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've never seen a .357 sig mag. When I'm shooting .357 sig out of my .40 mags I have issues when more than 10 rounds are loaded. There is something about the geometry of the necked down case that makes 10 rounds feed fine, but 11 rounds fail.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Storm Lake 357 Sig barrel in my XDM40 and most bullets seated to 1.140 the recomended length are just barely clearing, I usually loade 5-6 in my clip and tap(LIGHTLY to make sure bullet setback doesn't occur)my mag to make sure thebase of the rounds are loading tight against the mag.So far I have'nt had that issue.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have wondered that as well.. it seems atleast as far as my sig is concerned a 40 cal mag can interchange with a 357 sig but NOT vise versa as there is a subtle diff in the mag design ( even though the 357 is a necked down variant of the 40). I do not know if this holds true in the xd/m platforms. The 40 cal models have smooth sides as to the 357 have an indented channel running up the side of the mag where the bottleneck of the shell is, again ive known this to be a sig issue and do not know if its an xd/m issue.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I have wondered that as well.. it seems atleast as far as my sig is concerned a 40 cal mag can interchange with a 357 sig but NOT vise versa as there is a subtle diff in the mag design ( even though the 357 is a necked down variant of the 40). I do not know if this holds true in the xd/m platforms. The 40 cal models have smooth sides as to the 357 have an indented channel running up the side of the mag where the bottleneck of the shell is,, again ive known this to be a sig issue and do not konw if its an xd/m issue.
My sig mags are marked .357/.40

Same mag for both.

don

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
some sig mags are marked and some are not I have a 226 .40 and my buddy and I swapped mags to try it he has a 226 .357 my mag worked in his gun .. but his mag did not work in my 40

·
Registered
80 Posts
I purchased two XD40 magazines from a retailer at a local gun show and it was not until several days laters that I saw they were marked .357 on the bottom. They look identical to my 40 magazines, but I have not tried to shoot 40cal cartridges out of them.

Should I even try?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Yes, I have both .357sig and 40 S&W magazines for my XD40 service and I have zero issues shooting. Use them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts