Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Had to google the new round. How is this much different than the 300 blackout?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why so far rear?

Where'd the projectile stop?
That was the exit hole. He was quartering me more than I realized. The bullet went in just behind the shoulder on the opposite side. I was a little nervous too when I saw how far back it was, but it got both lungs and about half the liver. No guts thank goodness. It thirty plus years of deer hunting I have still yet to gut shoot one. (Knock on wood)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That was the exit hole. He was quartering me more than I realized. The bullet went in just behind the shoulder on the opposite side. I was a little nervous too when I saw how far back it was, but it got both lungs and about half the liver. No guts thank goodness. It thirty plus years of deer hunting I have still yet to gut shoot one. (Knock on wood)
Must have been a fairly close distance then.

Glad no guts, my first instinct on seeing the first photo was "dang, all rack, no meat".

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
If I remember what I read, the .350 Legend is supposed to shoot about like a .35 Rem correct?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I remember what I read, the .350 Legend is supposed to shoot about like a .35 Rem correct?
I believe that’s correct.

180gr .357” bullet at approximately 2100 fps at the muzzle. Drops about 4.5” at 200 yds when zeroed 1.5” high at 100yds. All this according to Winchester’s ballistic table on the back of the box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts