Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always liked the look and feel of the 329PD, but have never got to shoot one. Anyone own/shot one? Thoughts, good or bad.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
I had a 329 Night Guard, and have shot the 329 PD...and the term I've used for them is "Fistfull of Dynamite".

Recoil is fast and hard. Follow up shots are slow to get on target.

But, DAMN! Are they FUN!

If you are looking for a nice, lightweight, carry all day hand cannon that you aren't gonna shoot a whole bunch, I'd recommend it.

Personally, I'm looking at a Model 69 right now as my next .44...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kinda figured the recoil would be a tad "snappy" ;), especially after shooting a S&W air weight snubby in .357 with hot loads. But it would make for a great all day on the trail carry gun. I've already got a few .44's but have always been interested in this one.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I've shot one at the range before, cool gun. Very cool gun.

But not a lot of fun in 44mag. I've thought about getting one to shoot with my lighter 44mag reloads and if I see a good deal on one I may jump on it. I say get it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have carried one for several years while I am on the farm and have had no problems with it. I have shot full power loads but generally use midpower reloads for everyday use. There are not too many things around here that need full power loads. A long barrel 629 serves that purpose when the need arrives. I shoot it often at the range and am very pleased with how accurate I am with it. It certainly is a pleasure to carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts