Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a little looking into the .327 Magnum and curious to know if anyone has one and what your opinion is. Even if you don't have one and have first hand experience would be great.

If you ask me the .327 is a promising cartridge but will likely fail due to price and competition in the marketplace.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i agree that the .327 is a very promising catridge that is destined for failure in the market place. its just hard to get a good market base for a catridge thats unfamiliar to most when there are already "adequate" catridges out there to fill mosts needs. its a shame but i wouldnt count on the .327!

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
A 32-33ish caliber weapon that supposedly performs as well as the .357 but with 20% less recoil.

Neat concept, but I have to agree with the post above me that there's nothing it's going to do that warrants deviating from readily available calibers. Unless by some fluke of physics the smaller bullet expands a wound channel similar to that of a rifle shot wound, this is just one in a line of hundreds of attempts to reinvent the wheel. It's going to cost more to manufacture and distribute, but fills no obvious gap in the current caliber list.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
My dyslexia must be kickin' in. I thought it said .357.

Thought to myself...............self................why are they dissing the .357? It is an awesome cartridge! Only bad thing is it is most popular in wheelguns. Expensive as a .357 automag.

Then I saw that it said .327. My bad.

Nevermind..................................leaving now.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The problem I see with the 327 Mag is that is has a maximum chamber pressure of 45,000psi. This is higher than some rifles. 357 Mag has a maximum of 35,000psi. From a short barrel revolver the 327 Mag is going to have a very painful report if your not wearing hearing protection.

mcb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts