Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive gotten in touch with a guy that lives near me that has a reloading shop set up. Im going to give him 1500 unpolished, still primed .308 cases and he is gonna give me loaded .45 acp. The problem is, Im not sure what those 1500 rds are worth, so I dont wanna get screwed in the deal...Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
How much loaded .45 ACP are you getting is the question? Also do you have a .308 caliber rifle?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing, he hasnt said yet, but my buddy thinks that a single .308 brass is about the same value is a reloaded .45, So should I expect 1500 .45 for it? And no, I dont have a .308, want one, but dont have one yet

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Let me get this straight. You are getting his handloads to shoot in your pistol or is he giving you factory ammo? Me, I do NOT shoot others handloads, especially a friends. One KB & your pistol & friendship are going to take a beating. FWIW, 1500 once fired .308 commercial is about $300+$40 for the primres. 308 Winchester - Winchester Brass - 1000 ct You can get 1000rds loaded factory 45acp for about $350. Anything around there would be fare.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he is a very close friend and the first thing I shot out of my .45 tactical was his own ammo. I have watched him (not that I am an expert in any way) and I know that he stands behind what he sells.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Selling reloaded ammo w/o an LLC or Incorporation shell and without business liability insurance could in fact one day cost them everything.

Yet, I sell .45ACP reloads to one good friend because he's short of cash and we shoot IDPA together.

The trick is to do this:
1) GIVE them the ammo as a GIFT.
2) AFTER they shoot it, should they wish to contribute to your reloading cause, fine.

And any good lawyer will still take everything you own.
Damn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that deal went south in a big way...So much for him being a friend...I got 200 frikkin rounds of .45...for 1500 .308. Im no expert, but I think I need some prep H...Whadya think? I did keep about 400 of the .308, and I think Im gonna sell them to someone else and just buy ammo. Any offers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts