Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy that shoots at the same range posted this on a forum we belong to, thought I would share. i am impressed with the expansion.

It's a 180 grain .300 win Barnes X-bullet factory load from PMC. It was about a 100 yard shot and entered the deer on it's right side in front of the shoulder near the neck. The bullet traveled through the spine and the length of the body. I found it embedded in the hide on the left side in front of the rear left leg. The deer dropped like a sack of potatoes right where she was standing.
You can sort of see the entry wound in this picture:

·
Registered
18 Posts
180 grain bullet at about 3,000 fps,,,,,,heck of a lot of energy.

I had a .300 Win Mag a couple years back.....funniest range story was due to a .300 win mag.

We had an indoor range,,,,yes indoor range that could handle the .300 win mag. I took it in one day,,,,just to hear how loud it would be.

Well, there was a guy in there with a muzzle loader with two boys plinking with a .22.

The .22 through the muffs made a faint crack,,,crack. I touched off the round in the .300 Win Mag and through my muffs, I could hear one of the boys say...."WWWHHHOOOOAAAA,,,,I could feel that one Dad!!!!"

The concusion was insane....

H4444

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
there was a guy at the outdoor range today with a .300 win mag. i was standing about 8 feet over and two feet behind him. when he fired i felt the concussion as cut through my body. damn it was loud!

·
Registered
409 Posts
try that with a .338 rem ultra mag... no one would shoot for like 5 min at the range.

also heard a rumor that the range might not allow muzzle breaks anymore :oops:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ouch,,,you got me there dude,,,,damn near anything with a muzzle break indoors is just plain wicked.

That had to hurt......

I shoot some inddor USPSA matches and the open shooters just kill me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts