Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good friend of mine got orders to Japan so he's selling his two guns. A HK USP for $600 which I cant afford right now and a Glock 22 for $300. Am I getting a good price for this or should I pass?

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Good friend of mine got orders to Japan so he's selling his two guns. A HK USP for $600 which I cant afford right now and a Glock 22 for $300. Am I getting a good price for this or should I pass?
If you like the Glock, grab it at that price. Good deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is a really good price. The used glocks from the police departments run 350+ and they have a lot of miles on them. I got a barely used glock only a couple months old at the time for 400 and that was a pretty good price no wear and tear whatsoever. So buy I would.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yes, absolutely a good price. I paid about 360 for mine new in 1994. MOst police trade ins run about 350-375.

I own and shoot alot of different handguns but one stays at the ready all the time and by my side and thats a 2nd generation Glock 22. Why? Total reliability, accurate, tough and dependable. Since 1994, the thing has never jammed or hiccupped...ever.

I have hot-rodded it to the max: grip modifications, re-texturing, trigger, springs, guide rod and it got better with every addition.

I think its a great choice. Same size as the 9mm, holds the same number of rounds as most 9mms but its a 40. Mags are still not hard to get and cheap. Yeah...if you ask me, its one of the best "service" 40s out there. Look how many police forces carry the Glock 22. The FBI and US Marshall carry these too. Its probably THE most used LEO 40 caliber pistol in the country. If it sucked...it would no be this popular.

Yeah, buy it and blaze away...you'll love it.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
406 Posts
Are you serious???

$300 for a Glock in these times, thats the deal of the month for sure.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If your friend is the original owner and hasn't shot it much, it's a screaming good deal. Even if he isn't the original owner and/or has used it as an LEO carry gun, it's still a deal to grab.

If you don't believe us, browse around gunbroker.com and check some prices.

Grab it!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya he's the original owner and claims he only shot 100 rounds though it. I checked it out last week. 3rd gen in near new condition with 3 mags. So I'm convinced!! Im calling him today to buy it :) Thnx for steering me to a great buy!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
If it has that few rounds through it...I am pretty sure you won't be able to wear it out.

I have been trying to wear out my Glock 22 since 1994 and have yet to break a single part. Had one mag spring get lazy...but thats the closest thing that crapped out. Replaced the spring and its back in action.

Glock will spoil you with its reliability and durability.

- Brickboy240

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
not that you needed to hear again, but if you like the ergonomics how it fits your hand etc, and it really only has 100 rounds through it, thats a really really fair price.

i dont even want a glock at the moment and i would be tempted to buy it and just throw it in a drawer for a rainy day.

If you like glocks, and were considering that model, well i wouldnt hold out for a better price or lesser use unit, thats the gun for you.

put some money down and gitr done

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hell yes!!! Grab both if you have the money, if not at lease grab the glock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts