Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a much slower build than my first. Which was complete in a few months.

To start out this will be a pistol build.

Here's what I have so far:

Anderson mfg stripped upper ( blem)
PSA upper build kit
Anderson mfg stripped lower
P-tac Blackhawk lpk
PSA pistol receiver ext
PSA pistol sling mount latch plate
PSA logo carbine buffer
Del-ton buffer spring

Yeah yeah p-tac this p-tac that. For the price ( it was on sale cheap) I wanted to try it and compare it to the PSA lpk I have in my middy. And the trigger actually feels dang near the exact same as the PSA. Which I'm happy about bc it's crisp. Everything else other than the bolt catch appears the same as the PSA lpk. The lines are larger across the ptac one. And it has more play side to side once installed w/o a mag inserted and the hammer cocked. The ergo grip will be getting replaced with another Moe+ , it's way too narrow for my liking.

I'm thinking mas defense or CMMG 8 in barrel with a krinkov style flash hider er thrower... Undecided on handguard/rail. I would like to use the Mbus front sight I got on accident with a past order though.

Bolt catch comparison

And due to the Anderson upper having a tighter charging handle channel , and the PSA pistol latch plate being higher than the rear of the receiver , I'll have to grind the latch plate down for clearance so I can use a fortis hammer. My PSA upper allows the ch if pulled slightly upward to clear. If not it slightly drags across.

To be continued...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am building a very similar pistol myself. I will be picking up the lower today, and it will be put together with the exception of the BCG, charging handle, and gas block/tube by this afternoon.

I have a thread on it here: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/254438-build-number-2-300-aac-blackout-8-pistol.html

I will be posting pics once I have it together so that you can see it. I used the 8" CMMG barrel and a off-brand free float carbine length quad rail over a low pro gas block.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Going to be shooting suppressed, I suppose? Can't think of any other reason to build an AR pistol. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't got into reloading yet. But that is my next step/plan.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Looks good so far! :cool:

I am in the process of building a 300 Blk myself... sort of in a holding pattern now due to lack of funds but mine's in the works as well...
You are ahead of me though...:evil:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I've hit an unexpected halt on mine for a bit... So the slow build is going to be a very slow build now.

·
Registered
490 Posts
slow builds are even more rewarding IMO. my problem is work has been busy so getting out to shoot my projects has been hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts