Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone make an A-2 Flash Hider for my 7.62x39 ? I thought about drilling one out,:roll: but the thread is different.:(

:mrgreen: Reply from DPMS They say I need a "BL-06-A2"...Quick reply!!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
im not sure about the threads but the hole on my a2 hiders is about .340 so a 308 would fit but im sure someone makes a flash hider for an ar10

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I had better buy a thread gauge and verify my barrel threads. I took off an A-1 Flash Hider, but when I tried to screw on the A-2 (thinking-same thread) It was very tight after only a few turns, so I took it off again. I'm using an all DPMS 7.62x39 Flat Top upper and didn't think there would be a problem.:confused:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I think I had better buy a thread gauge and verify my barrel threads. I took off an A-1 Flash Hider, but when I tried to screw on the A-2 (thinking-same thread) It was very tight after only a few turns, so I took it off again. I'm using an all DPMS 7.62x39 Flat Top upper and didn't think there would be a problem.:confused:
so its an ar-15?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
well this is from the DPMS website.

Online Store — DPMS: AR-15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories.

it doesnt say what thread the 7.62x39 uppers are but i bet if you call them they will tell you.
their rifles now come with an a2 hider so im sure if its a DPMS ar-15 upper that you have that they will be able to get you one. but be sure to call or email them

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOPS! Sorry. :oops:

It is an AR15, DPMS upper and lower in 7.62x39. I had thought the A-1 and A-2 flash hiders would be the same thread. Maybe it's the fact that one fits a 7.62 and the other is 5.56. I'll shoot them an e-mail...though I'm still smarting a little over that $10.00 cleaning mat I bought with my last order that turned out to be a doily.:-x

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
OOPS! Sorry. :oops:

It is an AR15, DPMS upper and lower in 7.62x39. I had thought the A-1 and A-2 flash hiders would be the same thread. Maybe it's the fact that one fits a 7.62 and the other is 5.56. I'll shoot them an e-mail...though I'm still smarting a little over that $10.00 cleaning mat I bought with my last order that turned out to be a doily.:-x
well at least they can give you what threads it takes. my guess is it will be the same as their ar-10s that way they can use the same breaks and hiders. doesnt really make sense to have two separate threads for guns that use the same caliber bullet of course that is just my guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts