Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, couldn't find any info, hence the topic.

Anyone know of any location that sells the above for a newly purchased Marlin. Walmart is $20 for 9 rounds of factory ammo-not reloads. I'm looking for something cheaper and if reloads will do it, I'm game, it's just for fun target shooting.

I've checked Cheaper than Dirt and Natchez with no luck. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Skidonenko. I apologize for not making my post clear. I meant a place to purchase 30-30 reloads; ammo that is available to buy.

I don't reload and never will, due to my limited mechanical ability; I don't want to kill myself after all.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured the gunshow would be the likely place, but I was hoping it would also be available online. The next gun show is in a week, it's about 60 miles round trip and you know the price of diesel is still pretty high, plus the admission fee to get in. All this, with the hope someone even sells it. I could be going there for nothing. That's why I was hoping it would be online also, but I didn't have any luck finding a company.

Guess it's off to the gunshow. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MoJo, thanks for the info. I ck'd it out and discovered it can't beat Wallyworld, 20 rounds for $9. 100 rounds for $45 versus $50 thru online. You do get a storage container when you buy from the latter tho, but I have a couple of empty ones.

One thing that looks weird to me is they show the container filled with what looks like 1000 rounds like the stuff I buy at the gun show, but the add says its for only 100 rounds.

Thanks again for the info. I was hoping to find a site that would sell 1000 round increments cheaper than Walmart. I will go to the gun show this Sat. and find out if they sell it, otherwise I guess I will stick with Walmart. :(

·
Registered
308 Posts
The only way to shoot a lot of .30-30 economically is to reload or buy reloads. .30-30 is popular for hunting but not a popular target/plinking round.

·
Registered
298 Posts
you can get a lee aniverary kit from midway usa dirt cheap now it will have everything you need for under 100 bucks except primers, powder and bullets.

it may be slow but its cheap and accurate enough save your brass lee dies are inexpensive. at the least you will only be out 150 bucks after buying the components.

pick those up at gunshows to save cash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts