Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here participate in a 3-gun shoot? If so, you use anything other than an AR-15?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I would be willing to bet that 80+% of 3-gun shooters are using a AR-15 platform. 5.56x45mm ammo is probably the most cost effective ammunition you can get other than maybe 7.62x39mm. AR platforms only require two hand to reload unlike a M-14 and AK that need a third arm to reload quickly. All in all it is difficult to be the competitiveness of the AR-15 for 3-gun.

That said I have seen AR-10, M-14, mini M-14, AKs, and even an M1 Garands at matches. I personally would think the AR-10 would be the next best thing to and AR-15. All the same controls but with major power factor.

rambling
mcb

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I understand the desire to be different, but mcb was right. Probably 80% (plus) of 3-gun competitors use the AR, and for good reason. Why fight it? ;)

I recently changed-out the scope mount for a lightweight JP mount, but other than that, this is my 3-gun AR.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Well Hooz if your going to turn this into a picture thread. :D

Rock River Arms Coyote Rifle that I use for 3-gun/multi-gun Limited Division.

mcb

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I'm gonna use my M1A Socom II

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I'm thinking about using my AK tomorrow, but I know it won't be competitive. I'll probably use the AR for the long range stage, just can't hit that 500m plate with and AK. I don't know why the colors look so odd when I do a photo.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'm thinking about using my AK tomorrow, but I know it won't be competitive. I'll probably use the AR for the long range stage, just can't hit that 500m plate with and AK. I don't know why the colors look so odd when I do a photo.
What's your opinion of that T-168? How well does it work for you on that AR?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
What's your opinion of that T-168? How well does it work for you on that AR?
Works great for the money. Functional way beyond it's cost. I've been really happy. Just wish I had bought a flat top.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
gun 2 and 3 of three gun

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
FN has provided the SCAR light to several gunwriters for the 3-gun circuit this year. Other than a very few AKs, I didn't see much other than ARs for the standard Tactical class.

Heavy metal sees M1As and 308 ARs, due to the caliber requirement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts