Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get into 3-gun and just picked up a XDM OSP with a Venom sight as my gun for the pistol portion. I would like to ask for some help/advice on a holster that I'll wear on a belt. I like the idea of a positive retention system (like the Blackhawk SERPA), but don't know what will fit or what suggestions may be. Anyone have experience with the Safariland 578 GLS?

All advice would be welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but never saw an answer when I searched.

Depending on your setup, going with the safariland 6354DO is a good setup. You may have to use a heat gun for about 15-20 seconds on it if your using a light other than a Surefire X300. I have this holster for my XDM-10 OSP with Olight Valkyrie Pro. There are several You Tube videos by Garland Thumb, Sage Dynamics and others that really show the value of this holster. It may be “old” but it’s still a great design for sport, hunting, and professional use.

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
i liked safariland for m9 duty belt setup but id think for 3gun a guy would want less in the way retention. id definitely avoid serpa anything as they are imo too dangerous.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i liked safariland for m9 duty belt setup but id think for 3gun a guy would want less in the way retention. id definitely avoid serpa anything as they are imo too dangerous.
I agree, that is why this holster works great, The ALS retention is designed to work seamlessly with your draw stroke yet keeps it in the holster and prevents it from falling out when moving, during rifle engagements or transitions. I also think Serpa is too dangerous

·
Registered
3 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but never saw an answer when I searched.

Depending on your setup, going with the safariland 6354DO is a good setup. You may have to use a heat gun for about 15-20 seconds on it if your using a light other than a Surefire X300. I have this holster for my XDM-10 OSP with Olight Valkyrie Pro. There are several You Tube videos by Garland Thumb, Sage Dynamics and others that really show the value of this holster. It may be “old” but it’s still a great design for sport, hunting, and professional use.

Which XDM model did you specify for the Safariland holster?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The safariland 6354DO holster will work with all the XDM models. You may need to use a heat gun (low setting) to adjust the fit. There is a newer model out now, but I don’t have any experience with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The safariland 6354DO holster will work with all the XDM models. You may need to use a heat gun (low setting) to adjust the fit. There is a newer model out now, but I don’t have any experience with it.
Thanks for the fast response. What I find confusing is that the Safariland website lists 6 different XDM models for that model holster and 4 of those are compact models. None of them will allow for specification of an optic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, Safariland website isn’t very helpful. PHLSTERholsters.com has an OWB Floodlight holster that accepts blade tech, g-code and safariland accessories/attachments. I would actually think about buying that holster and then get a drop down thigh rig or drop down belt attachment and run that holster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts