Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I was just admiring the wear on my slide. :oops:
It is basically a parkerized finish. It will show wear and this is normal.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i belive what ever one is saying about wear shows charecter (damn thats bad spelling) but i also belive in a beautiful finish on a gun i love seeing 1911's with the high polished finish like it was wheel chrome it was dipped in but in a carry gun you really shoudn't care for a finish just my thought

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright guys, that's all fine and good, but I'm concerned about rust here. I certainly don't mind finish wear as its more of a 'tool' than a 'range queen' but I expected it to last considerably longer than this.

But hey, if it won't rust, I don't care.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
xdglockguy that od tac is sweet. i was thinking of doing either my sub or 4" slide in OD. did u use the crayon trick to highlight the lettering on the slide, or did the finisher do it?

i like your bi-racial xd... xd mixed with a glock tac light!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
papertiger
I've only been carrying my XD9 for 3 days in a IWB holster, and already the leading edge of the slide has worn off.

This bothers me.
You're moving around too much! :lol:

I would call Springfield Armory and have them refinish under warranty. 3 days is much too soon for finish wear.

·
Registered
416 Posts
paper tiger said:
Alright guys, that's all fine and good, but I'm concerned about rust here. I certainly don't mind finish wear as its more of a 'tool' than a 'range queen' but I expected it to last considerably longer than this.

But hey, if it won't rust, I don't care.
Treat is like you would any blued firearm; keep it wiped down and it won't rust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.