Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been carrying my XD9 for 3 days in a IWB holster, and already the leading edge of the slide has worn off.

This bothers me. :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I was just admiring the wear on my slide. :oops:
It is basically a parkerized finish. It will show wear and this is normal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have been thinking about what I will do with mine if there is a finish problem and I think I have decided on DiamondKote.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i belive what ever one is saying about wear shows charecter (damn thats bad spelling) but i also belive in a beautiful finish on a gun i love seeing 1911's with the high polished finish like it was wheel chrome it was dipped in but in a carry gun you really shoudn't care for a finish just my thought

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright guys, that's all fine and good, but I'm concerned about rust here. I certainly don't mind finish wear as its more of a 'tool' than a 'range queen' but I expected it to last considerably longer than this.

But hey, if it won't rust, I don't care.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
xdglockguy that od tac is sweet. i was thinking of doing either my sub or 4" slide in OD. did u use the crayon trick to highlight the lettering on the slide, or did the finisher do it?

i like your bi-racial xd... xd mixed with a glock tac light!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
papertiger
I've only been carrying my XD9 for 3 days in a IWB holster, and already the leading edge of the slide has worn off.

This bothers me.
You're moving around too much! :lol:

I would call Springfield Armory and have them refinish under warranty. 3 days is much too soon for finish wear.

·
Registered
416 Posts
paper tiger said:
Alright guys, that's all fine and good, but I'm concerned about rust here. I certainly don't mind finish wear as its more of a 'tool' than a 'range queen' but I expected it to last considerably longer than this.

Treat is like you would any blued firearm; keep it wiped down and it won't rust.

·
Registered
401 Posts
paper tiger said:
The holster wear will not increase the likelihood of the metal rusting. If rust appears it will probably show up where you have handled the gun (i.e., rear of slide, etc).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts