Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a Serpa CQC holster for my 3.8 compact but idk if it will fit in the XD holster anyone know? If not I would like to get a leather belt holster and a shoulder rig. I'm considering the Galco Classic Lite but I'm afraid the gun will be so much heavier than the magazine side it won't be comfortable to carry. Anyone wanna put their .2 cents in. And no I do not want to use the Springfield holster.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would like to get a Serpa CQC holster for my 3.8 compact but idk if it will fit in the XD holster anyone know? If not I would like to get a leather belt holster and a shoulder rig. I'm considering the Galco Classic Lite but I'm afraid the gun will be so much heavier than the magazine side it won't be comfortable to carry. Anyone wanna put their .2 cents in. And no I do not want to use the Springfield holster.
I emailed Blackhawk before I bought my Serpa CQC holster for my XDm9c and asked them virtually the same question. I can't find the email, but I believe their response was that they make a CQC for the XD's and compacts which will fit the XDm, but they also had a new one made just for the XDm 3.8", which is the one I bought. It fits the XDm9c perfectly and comes so you can use it as a paddle or belt slide. I prefer the belt slide. I also have an IWB leather Blackhawk holster which I bought for the XDm9c. It looks great and also fits perfectly, but I find re-holstering more difficult with it. The XDm9c isn't the lightweight in it's class, especially if you're using the big mags, so weight is a legitimate concern. I've bought a couple of holsters in the past with an attached mag pouch and found them to be useless, in my opinion, but I'm not sure exactly what your question was. I wear a Galco 1.5" leather cop belt and regardless if I'm wearing a belt slide or paddle, compact or full-sized gun, it's extremely comfortable to the point I almost forget I'm carrying. I have a few mag pouches, double and singles, but rarely wear them. The XDm9c is my primary carry weapon. With a 19+1 single mag capacity, I figure if that isn't enough ammo, one more mag probably isn't going to help that much! ;) But if I do wear a mag pouch, my double Fobus paddle is probably my favorite.

The Blackhawk Serpa CQC for my XDm9c is my favorite holster and I've got several. I only wish they made one for my Ruger SR9c! :sad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought the cqc before they had it for xdm so I got the xd one. The slide wobbled a bit so I put some velcro, just the soft side of it, and adhered it inside the holster. I have the galco kingtuk iwb as well and like it a lot

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the cqc before they had it for xdm so I got the xd one. The slide wobbled a bit so I put some velcro, just the soft side of it, and adhered it inside the holster. I have the galco kingtuk iwb as well and like it a lot
I considered the Kingtuk, but stuck with the two Blackhawks. It's a good looking holster. Glad to hear you like it!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed Blackhawk before I bought my Serpa CQC holster for my XDm9c and asked them virtually the same question. I can't find the email, but I believe their response was that they make a CQC for the XD's and compacts which will fit the XDm, but they also had a new one made just for the XDm 3.8", which is the one I bought. It fits the XDm9c perfectly and comes so you can use it as a paddle or belt slide. I prefer the belt slide. I also have an IWB leather Blackhawk holster which I bought for the XDm9c. It looks great and also fits perfectly, but I find re-holstering more difficult with it. The XDm9c isn't the lightweight in it's class, especially if you're using the big mags, so weight is a legitimate concern. I've bought a couple of holsters in the past with an attached mag pouch and found them to be useless, in my opinion, but I'm not sure exactly what your question was. I wear a Galco 1.5" leather cop belt and regardless if I'm wearing a belt slide or paddle, compact or full-sized gun, it's extremely comfortable to the point I almost forget I'm carrying. I have a few mag pouches, double and singles, but rarely wear them. The XDm9c is my primary carry weapon. With a 19+1 single mag capacity, I figure if that isn't enough ammo, one more mag probably isn't going to help that much! ;) But if I do wear a mag pouch, my double Fobus paddle is probably my favorite.

The Blackhawk Serpa CQC for my XDm9c is my favorite holster and I've got several. I only wish they made one for my Ruger SR9c! :sad:
How did you get the CQC specifically for the 3.8? I can't find it on their website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the XDM 3.8 9mm. On June 15th I emailed Blackhawk Customer Service with the following:

"When do you plan to offer a Serpa Concealment holster for the Springfield Armory XDM series guns?"

Their response the next day was:

"It will fit in 410507BK-L or R. The differences in the XD and XDM are very minimal. The hand grips and the beveled front of the slide are the only dimensional differences. We have more XD and XDM holsters coming out, but no eta as of yet."

I have purchased the referenced model and it fits very well. The nose end of the holster is open so the length of the barrel is not a factor. (The nose of the 3.8 just comes to bottom of the holster)

For what it's worth . . .

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the XDM 3.8 9mm. On June 15th I emailed Blackhawk Customer Service with the following:

"When do you plan to offer a Serpa Concealment holster for the Springfield Armory XDM series guns?"

Their response the next day was:

"It will fit in 410507BK-L or R. The differences in the XD and XDM are very minimal. The hand grips and the beveled front of the slide are the only dimensional differences. We have more XD and XDM holsters coming out, but no eta as of yet."

I have purchased the referenced model and it fits very well. The nose end of the holster is open so the length of the barrel is not a factor. (The nose of the 3.8 just comes to bottom of the holster)

For what it's worth . . .
Thank you I ended up ordering the XD holster. According to the Blackhawk person I talked to all I'll need to do is adjust the tension screw.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How did you get the CQC specifically for the 3.8? I can't find it on their website.
That's probably because I told you wrong. I'd forgotten I ordered two Blackhawk holsters for the 3.8 before it even arrived. My first one was a leather IWB, which does come ready made for the XD 4, the XD compact and the XDm/XDm 3.8. It was the leather one that they had just come out with one for the XDm 3.8.

Getting into the Serpa holsters gets even more dicey. I'll just say that Blackhawk has a variety of names for XD/XDm guns and they seem to be different depending on what model of holster you're looking at.

What I ordered for my 3.8 compact was the Blackhawk 410507BK Original SERPA Carbon Fiber Concealment Holster made for the XD 4". They also make one for the XD Sub Compact, which "I think" they said would also fit. Don't hold me to that. Blackhawk called me on the phone instead of responding by email. I'm pretty sure the guy from Blackhawk said that the XD holsters would fit XDm's, but don't buy something based on my memory.

Something I know for a fact, is that I've been trying to get a SERPA for my Ruger SR9c. Blackhawk sells the same one for the SR9 and the SR9c. Needless to say, holstered, it's a tad top heavy. I went down to a gun shop and tried it out before buy it and I'm sure glad i did. Technically, it does fit and the gun won't fall out because of their restraint system. But with the SR9c, the bottom of the holster is empty! If they did that with Ruger, they may do it with other guns, too. Just saying... I don't buy SERPA'S online without testing them out in a brick & mortar store first. At least, not any more.

Here's the link to the Blackhawk sizing fit chart in pdf format. http://www.blackhawk.com/Catalog/Document_Download.aspx?versionid=86

I've got an assortment of holsters, some I like, some I hope no one ever knows I bought! But the Blackhawk SERPA is my favorite holster I own. I wear it as a belt slide, as it is extremely concealable as an OWB holster, extremely stable and very comfortable.

I really like the IWB leather Blackhawk I bought too, only I think I'd have to schedule an appointment to re-holster it, should I ever need to use it! :roll:

BTW - I ordered both of them from Opticsale.com, which was about $5 cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts