Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some friends and I decided to goto the range today, and the girl we brought, her dad loaned us a bushmaster 5.56, a beretta 9mm and a ruger 22. We first started shooting the bushmaster, but within 10 rounds it jammed, and I was able to clear it. We started again and it jammed again, and this time the round was stuck between the top of the chamber and the bolt. I couldn't clear it so we had to take it to the guys that work at the range and get them to help us strip it and get the round out. After that we didn't want to take our chances messing up her fathers rifle, so we decided to start with the pistols.

My XD worked flawlessly. It's a XD 40, with the feed ramp polished. I put 120 rounds or so of WWB through it, and 1/2 a box of ranger talons. Wow I love my gun!

The ruger .22 jammed once on a FTF, the beretta totally screwed up. I don't know if they were shooting reloads or what out of it, but the piece on the right side of the gun that looks kinda like a lever and goes underneath the grip blew out of the gun! (sorry for the untechnical lingo, but i don't know what that piece is called) It pushed the grip out some, and the round jammed, again we had to take it to the guys that worked there to fix it!

Over all out of 4 guns, mine was the only one that worked flawlessly. I'm very impressed, thought you guys would want to know!

Aaron

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
wow...sounds to me like someone doesn't take care of their guns like they ought to. the only time i've ever had my bushy jam is when i neglected to clean the bolt/carrier assy for a while.

take good care of your gun, and she'll take good care of you. glad to hear your xd worked like it should.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what I thought, but the guys at the range was saying something about the magazine for the bushmaster, but the fact that all 3 of the guns that we borrowed from them messed up leads me to the same conclusion. Maybe it was just a freak accident, i don't know.

Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts