Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a PPT on an XD-9 from my buddy a few weeks ago and got some time in finally. I only shot like 2 mags before we headed to do the PPT to make sure everything was working. I am not used to the long take up on the trigger and get a little impatient. I'll just have to go again this weekend and practice some more! They are the 6 inch targets at 10 yards. Most have about 15 rounds in them. Some 20. I was changing targets mid-mag to get a feel for the sights.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Look like good shooting to me. The take up is a bit long, but completely manageable with some familiarization. You could always to some trigger work to help that out as well. The Powder River kit is great, especially for the price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry for the double post but I accidentally put it in the 1911 section.

Well I haven't had mine that long but I love it. This one will never leave my safe. I put 250 rounds through it this weekend and it just got better and better. I started off with too little finger on the trigger but after the 1st target on the top left, I figured out my perfect finger pad placement. This are 5 1/2 inch targets at 7 yards. I chose this target to post because it shows my 'a ha!' moment when I found the sweet spot on my trigger finger.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Is it me or do these guns pull to the lower left? I noticed that with my Millenium pro 40 cal it pulled to the lower left also. I'm new to gun's so some info would be great. Thanks

Victor

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Mikey - That is some great shooting! Good job...

VR4 - If you are shooting low/left, it likely isn't the gun. Take a look at this...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Excellent post MH...I haven't seen that before...THANKS!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Thanks. Print and taking it to the range.:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
That chart help me greatley, as I have not had a formal class other than basic safety. I just ask questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts