Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading here and doing some searching I came along some drills to start with..... I bought some snap caps, I like them a bunch! This was at Iron Sights in Oceanside. Started with about 50 rounds to just say hi! Then some .22lr out of my 10-22, just to get the trigger finger smooooth. Then did 5 snap caps followed by one live round in the magazine. It was interesting to see how I pulled in expectation of the recoil......I repeated this about 20 times.

After getting less and less of the pre-fire jerk with the snap caps I had a couple of guys hide snap caps in my magazines...... This was good, I did jerk the first couple of times expecting the recoil...It made me laugh pretty good.
Then worked it down to one snap cap and one live. All this was done shooting at a 1" dot at 7 yards. I could really tell what was going on.

After all was said and done I was able to put 3 shot groups within 4" at 25 yards!

I finished the night with double taps and all out war with the BG target!!
300 rounds of WWB no malfuntions and no cleaning until I got home.

Thanks again for all the great help and info here!

Kent

·
Registered
149 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your time at the range, Kent. One thing that helped me narrow my groups was to remember that when squeezing the trigger, you should use the padded part of your index finger between the tip and the first joint, and slowly bring the trigger back. The fire should be a surprise.

Hope your groups continue to get smaller! Great shooting, and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I use snap caps to help with my flinching problem and to pratice clearing drills. They are an invaluable tool. If you are training for personal and home defense, you need them.

If you really want to improve, have a friend randomly load a snap cap in the magazine so that you don't know where it is, it really helps with flinching.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!

I just returned from a vacation to Missouri. Had a great Christmas and lots of shooting in the back yard...... No XD, I left that at home as I did not want to bring it on the plane, maybe next time.

I'm headed out tomorrow for some more fun,

Kent

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Kent said:
Thanks Guys!

I just returned from a vacation to Missouri. Had a great Christmas and lots of shooting in the back yard...... No XD, I left that at home as I did not want to bring it on the plane, maybe next time.

I'm headed out tomorrow for some more fun,

Kent
I hope our weather was hospitable enough for your holiday, Kent! My daughter went to visit here brother in Dallas for the New Year, and is sweltering from the heat!! :D

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was nice out there!

I was out this morning in Jacumba in Sunny skies! 100 rounds of good fun.

Kent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts