Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
How do you shoot that thing? I've never seen a scope mounted so far back. If to accommodate specific orthopaedic issue, then whatever works, but if otherwise normal a one piece mount or an extended rail to move that scope forward will get you in a far better position on the gun.

Actually, is that an extended rail on there between the rings and receiver, just really far back?

Looks like a good build, and shoots pretty good too, just trying to understand why the scope is mounted the way it is.

-Alexander

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you shoot that thing? I've never seen a scope mounted so far back. If to accommodate specific orthopaedic issue, then whatever works, but if otherwise normal a one piece mount or an extended rail to move that scope forward will get you in a far better position on the gun.

Actually, is that an extended rail on there between the rings and receiver, just really far back?

Looks like a good build, and shoots pretty good too, just trying to understand why the scope is mounted the way it is.

-Alexander
Just my personal preferences.
I don't like to lean toward a scope, because of tension in the neck muscles, and bend my wrist when pulling a trigger. Thus I extended a stock as much as possible and moved the scope back. It's only for benchrest shooting. Extended rail is there to lift the scope. I took that scope with rings from another rifle.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hahahaha! Last build. Right. Do you know how many times I've told myself "this is my last AR15 build" in the last 5 or 6 years?

I've had two last builds since June of 2015. And built four AR15 carbines/rifles and two AR15 pistols in that time.

Last build. Get real buddy. There's always some reason for another build. Use up the extra magazines you have, use up the extra leftover spare parts you have, you don't have an 18" barreled AR15 and you really need one, etc., etc., etc.

Nice rifle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahahaha! Last build. Right. Do you know how many times I've told myself "this is my last AR15 build" in the last 5 or 6 years?

I've had two last builds since June of 2015. And built four AR15 carbines/rifles and two AR15 pistols in that time.

Last build. Get real buddy. There's always some reason for another build. Use up the extra magazines you have, use up the extra leftover spare parts you have, you don't have an 18" barreled AR15 and you really need one, etc., etc., etc.

Nice rifle.
To be honest, I have an idea for a "very last" :) build of BR rifle. It's gonna be a costly project, so .... not right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts