Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one of these on their XDs? Or any gun for that matter. It seems kinda large and I was wondering if it causes any problems with the pistol's fit into holsters or the removal from said holsters.

I have one on my S&W 340pd but it seems smaller than the one shown on ajamesp51's site.

Think I may go with the TruGlo

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have the "Big Dot on a 3" Colt Defender. The sight itself is really not any bigger (maybe slightly) than any other sight. The difference is the size of the dot. This is a great set-up for a short barreled, close range pistol. I would not want it on a service sized pistol because it is not designed for extreme accuracy.

ranburr

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I have a XS 24/7 STANDARD dot on one of my pistols. It is a smaller size than the big dot.

I don't have any experience with the big dot but the standard size works great for me at combat distances.

I think it might have been someone on here said the big dot was a perfect size for covering a target within the confines of an average bedroom.

With the standard size I think you could stretch that out a little more.

They are very quick to get on target, I don't think I've ever seen anything faster.

No probs with holsters.

bd

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Some holsters it may scrape a bit yet others it does not, Im speaking of leather holsters, should have no problem in kydex at all. I like mine and use the gun with these sights for my house gun primarily but have no problems using it for CCW either.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I have and XD-40 Service with the Big O which came
from SA already installed. I find it to be an extremely
fast on target acquisition sight. Purely defensive, not
for range work. Remember, watch your front sight -
which you cannot help but doing with this one.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts