Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new XDm owner and was wondering if there was a .22LR conversion kit for any of the XD line?
My wife wants a .22LR pistol but she has not liked any of the ones we have looked at so far. She loves my XDm but dose not like the kick of 9mm round.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Browning Buckmark is a great pistol. You can get them in many flavors.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope.

Have you looked at the Walther P22 or Beretta Neos?
Yes we have. She liked that P22 but it has reputation for jamming.
She did not like the Beretta as she said it looked like a toy, and was heavy.

I liked the Beretta my self, but do agree that it looks like a toy.
I was going to get her a Beretta 92 with a .22LR conversion kit but can not find the kit any more. Or the mags for the kit.
It seams Beretta stopped making it.:-?

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
No conversion available but the Ruger mark III is a sweet shooting pistol.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have the Neos, might look like a toy but it's a great shooter. If you look at them again maybe try the shorter barrel version - might not be as heavy. Not sure which one you looked at already. What I like about it is that it's easy to take down and clean.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Walther P22's work great after firing a box or two of CCI Stingers through them. You can't go wrong buying a Browning. I would never buy a Neos again. Have one, gave neice one, both had to be sent back to the company because they would fire when taking the safety off. One came out of the box new without an extractor. Trigger pull is 3# to 7#, you never know which it's going to be with each pull of the trigger. They did fix the one so it would eject the shell casings instead of rolling out the left or right side, or not at all and jamb.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
If your wife is sensitive to weight a Ruger MK III might not be the ticket. But, check out the 22/45 line. Plastic frame, less expensive and the grip angle is similar to a 1911, which makes it similar to the XD line.

An important thing for your wife to consider, going to a lighter gun will not mitigate recoil. Given the same gun in lighter materials, the heavier gun will generate less recoil since some of the energy of the recoil is used in moving the heavier mass.

Another idea would be to shoot 38 specials in a heavy framed 357 revolver.

Get to a range that rents or find some buddies that have various firearms for her to try.

Also make sure that the ear protection is up to snuff. A part of perceived recoil that is not mentioned a great deal is the loudness of the gun. I now double up with ear plugs and electronic ear muffs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
another option might be a bersa Thunder .22lr. nice shooting gun and doesnt look like a toy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No conversion yet. I send emails to SA on a regular basis on that issue. I am in similar situation with the wife. I am thinking of going with a SIG Mosquito. Smaller grips like the P22 just not as finicky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried reloading lighter loads,

I am playing with light loads now in my 40 and they are amusing. I would like to feel a light 9 mm load.

Even if there was a 22 top end, a reloader would cost the same up front, and it would also save money like the 22. Plus it gives you the flexibility to find the load your gun likes.

I would recommend a Dillon.

xpshooter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts