Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 100 round value packs I posted about a while back are now packed lose. Kinda' sucks, I preferred the individual 20 round boxes.

Old packaging on the left, new lose round packs on the right a'la WWB.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What is the price?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
whats the bullet style and weight?

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
The 100 round value packs I posted about a while back are now packed lose. Kinda' sucks, I preferred the individual 20 round boxes.
I like those 20-round boxes as well. I'm reloading .223 and using the cardboard/styrofoam box combo that Midway sells. But it takes up a lot more space than the 20-round packs do.

Anyone know if there's a place that sells reloading equipment which has boxes similar to those 20-round packages? I'd much rather store my reloads in those for space reasons.

PS: Congrats on the newborn, Nikon!

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in stock after the buying frenzy. Scored this today. :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
MY Favorite ammo!! lol, cheap and clean. I always purchase this Federal bulks when I pass by Walmart (as long they have in stock) me and my brother always buy all Federals 223 they have on the shelf :D... for his AR-15 and my Rem700
and yes....they changed the packaging about 3 months ago or so, and stating going cheap with no seperators.

A couple of days ago I saw at Walmart also a Federal 200 value pack!!! and priced better!! ($76.97) they are .223 50gr jacketed hollow point, for varmint hunting... I got me 2 boxes!! lol

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Only value packs Wally carries in Alaska are the UMC 200rd 45gr JHP.....$106.00.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That's why you buy an AK-47. There is no way in hell I would pay that much for ammo. I do not have money to just throw around. Box of 7.62x39 for $6.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I found the 100rd value pack in their system. They're supposed to call me back to let me know how much they have to order to get it in. THeir system said it was $40.00 a unit, and there were 4 unites in a case for $120.00. I have yet to hear back from them so I gotta call them again.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Not in Texas! I have looked for it at many Walfarts and no go.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
That's why you buy an AK-47. There is no way in hell I would pay that much for ammo. I do not have money to just throw around. Box of 7.62x39 for $6.
ak ammo has gotten much more expensive since the savior of mankind was elected.

i used to buy 1000 rounds of wolf FMJ for under $200, now, you'd be lucky to find it for under $300.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
ak ammo has gotten much more expensive since the savior of mankind was elected.

i used to buy 1000 rounds of wolf FMJ for under $200, now, you'd be lucky to find it for under $300.

when i bought my AK that same case was $106. some guys will remember cheaper prices!!! i bought 1220 rounds off of a co-worker for $100. i should have bought the other 2K rounds he had. still have about 200 rounds of it left. i had ~ 1/2 of a case of wolf when i bought the 1220. it came in a wood crate and i had to carry the rest of it in wal mart sacks from his apartment. i bet his neighbors were like wtf? :shock:

i miss cheap ammo prices. i put over 1K rounds through my XD45 in the first 11 months i owned it. not so much not. :sad: same with the AK and the AR. they just sleep quietly now.....

·
Registered
862 Posts
I saw the 200 round 50 gr .223 JHP at Walmart today in San Antonio on an endcap.. a whole messload in stock.. I think it was $42.97 a box.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts