Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I swore that I would never use factory re-loads (once fired brass) but the economic times is making it hard for me to make it to the range to practice. I already have 1,000 rounds of Federal Soft Tips when or if the crap hits the fan but obviously I won't use this at the range due to it's expensive cost. On surplusammo.com there is a decent price for once fired brass made by a company called bitteroot valley ammunition (BVAC). I've never heard of them but the price is alright. I've heard horror stories about reloads and once fired brass before so I thought I'd throw it out there. Anyone have any experience with this manufacture? If so what were your experiences? Also, what is the general consensus on this type of ammo for you gun?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Factory "remanufactured' ammunition should be just fine. Blackhills has been doing this for decades and has a fine reputation. But as forwarned "gun show reloaded ammo" or actually hand loads by some individual is risky. Our local gun show prohibits the sale of hand load ammo.

But the solution is just get into the hobby of reloading your own. But caution and rechecking all data is essential.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts