Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dangnabbit! I cannot find any decent 55gr HP or SP for a decent price. Most of the ranges around here say NO FMJ. ugh.

If anyone finds some :evil: NOT WOLF CRAP :evil: hollow point ammo in .223/5.56 send me a PM.

UB

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's wrong with FMJ out there?
"Most" of the outdoor ranges here say no FMJ. Being that two of the best ones have closed it is getting harder to find good ones. I finally have one where I can shoot everything I want with the exception of FMJ rifle ammo.

Maybe I should just cut the tops off! lol :grin:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I'm sure you can find some were to shoot. There is alot of nothing in Texas.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Check Georgia Arms out and whats wrong with the Wolf Crap?;)

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check Georgia Arms out and whats wrong with the Wolf Crap?;)
Yeah I know, but at $450 plus shipping for reman ammo I was looking for some factory new at near the same price.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Yeah I know, but at $450 plus shipping for reman ammo I was looking for some factory new at near the same price.
Are you looking for bulk or hunting supply, I have a few boxes I don't mind parting with.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
I just bought .223 Canned Heat from GA Arms for $345/1K, plus $30.00 shipping (I live pretty far away from them). Not sure how you're coming up with $450 ++. :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Ammunition To Go : 1000rds - .223 Silver Bear 62gr. Hollow Point Ammo [A223RHPN] - $234.95

234.95 / 1000 It's not wolf..... but close :)

Ammunition To Go : 1000rds - .223 Golden Bear 62gr. Hollow Point Ammo - $248.95

248/1000 A LITTLE further from wolf still... brass washed steel.

After those your best bet is the federal walmart value packs of HP's for 38.5 cents a round.

ETA: I always use this: gun-deals.com - Unbiased Gun Deals. Select the caliber, type in your zip code, click "CPR" (cost per round, shipped) and you're off!

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
See there. Makes the factory stuff look ok to buy.
That does seem to be the case these days. I'm (thankfully) stocked for several years, depending on how much range time I'd like to use.

·
Registered
536 Posts
UB- what part of Houston do you shoot in?
If you're south, see if you can get on w/PSC, on 518 almost to Ron Carter. If you're really south try Brazos Rifle Club. In northwest try Hotwell's.
Is Carter's on Treaschwig saying no ball ammo?

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UB- what part of Houston do you shoot in?
If you're south, see if you can get on w/PSC, on 518 almost to Ron Carter. If you're really south try Brazos Rifle Club. In northwest try Hotwell's.
Is Carter's on Treaschwig saying no ball ammo?
Sorry bro I am in North Dallas. I'll get it figured out. I aam going to call APG out there in Greenville and see if they allow FMJ.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
still no joy :( Against my better judgement I checked the Wallys and no joy. Most of the 223 shelves were empty. It strange how they stock their ammo. If you actually talk with some of the people there they have more than it looks like. A few times they ducked down and looked under the counter! One had a flimsy 1/4 piece of plywood covering a section of glass that was missing. Some had a good stash and others were skinny.

I might as well find a Black Hills dealer and squirrel it for special range days.

·
Premium Member
8,308 Posts
Walking Dead.......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts