Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a NEW Xd 4'' 40s&w what does changing the guide rod and spring do for the gun? Any info would be great,

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quite frankly, I have two XD-40 Tactical's and "upgraded" one to Don's rod with 22# spring. Shooting one after the other with same loads, (180 grain conical nose lead) I can not distinguish any appreciable difference in recoil or target acquisition. Maybe it's me and my grip/stance/reaction to recoil. I do favor the one with Dawson fiber optic sights and Humme grip.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Once your stock recoil guide assembly is wore out you have to replace the whole thing.With a Dons you just buy a spring after a while

·
Registered
277 Posts
For me, I don't like the 22 lb. spring. Yea it may reduce muzzle flip but when the slide recoils and slams foward , it makes the gun slam downward, and have to realign. A little bit hard to rack the slide. The heavy spring has to compress and if you don't have that extra hard grip you may have a FTE or FTF or both. I use a 13 lb. spring. Now to me thats sweet . Real easy to manage recoil, and always back on target. Great for rapid firing. :twisted:

But this is only my opinon. :wink:
It's whats good for your use. Or do what I did and try them for yourself. I got a 13, 16, 18, 22, and ended up with the 13lb. :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
L I N C H P I N said:
For me, I don't like the 22 lb. spring. Yea it may reduce muzzle flip but when the slide recoils and slams foward , it makes the gun slam downward, and have to realign. A little bit hard to rack the slide. The heavy spring has to compress and if you don't have that extra hard grip you may have a FTE or FTF or both. I use a 13 lb. spring. Now to me thats sweet . Real easy to manage recoil, and always back on target. Great for rapid firing. :twisted:

But this is only my opinon. :wink:
It's whats good for your use. Or do what I did and try them for yourself. I got a 13, 16, 18, 22, and ended up with the 13lb. :D
9mm or .40?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
:arrow:
I have the same gun, and recently switched to DGR and 22# spring (tried 24 as well). It changes the way the recoil feels--less snappy, less flip. I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Have you heard of the SEARCH FEATURE?
OR TRY THE DONS GUIDE ROD FORUM!
sjp2452, I have an XD 9mm. tactical.

AND I DON'T REALLY LIKE GOING TO THE SEARCH AREA BECAUSE I LIKE UPDATED INFO., THAT I AM SEEKING. NOT OLD INFO!!! THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE OUT THIER WITH NEW OR UPDATED INFO. SO IF YOU HAVE A :?: , THAN JUST ASK !!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some people are just so fuc==g grouchy they shouldn't even be allowed in these forums, and certainly never be seen in public. Of course if bitchin' about people not using the search function floats their boat, I'll bet getting a little action with a lady is a real problem for them. These forums are designed for an exchange of information and a little social interaction. If everyone who came in here could figure out this archaic, broken down and unreliable search function then nothing would be getting said in here and everyone would just end up leaving. It's like the TV, nobody said you had to come in here and be pissed off about searches or the lack of their so called proper use. If you don't like it, just stay out and mind your own business.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Apparently the poster who was offended by the non-Searcher decided to pull the "Use the search function!" post. Bravo! There is hope for us all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
BigGun97B said:
Apparently the poster who was offended by the non-Searcher decided to pull the "Use the search function!" post. Bravo! There is hope for us all.
I know thats right :wink:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
BigGun97B said:
Some people are just so fuc==g grouchy they shouldn't even be allowed in these forums, and certainly never be seen in public. Of course if bitchin' about people not using the search function floats their boat, I'll bet getting a little action with a lady is a real problem for them. These forums are designed for an exchange of information and a little social interaction. If everyone who came in here could figure out this archaic, broken down and unreliable search function then nothing would be getting said in here and everyone would just end up leaving. It's like the TV, nobody said you had to come in here and be pissed off about searches or the lack of their so called proper use. If you don't like it, just stay out and mind your own business.
This is just priceless!
:lol: :lol:
I wish that would fit on my Signature line!
:lol: :lol:

Lets move the thread back on topic!

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
A new member asked a question and you, XD BACKUP GUN, jumped him for doing so. If you feel that he should have done a search before posting, then don't reply to his post and move on. There are members here that choose to be helpful and answer questions, no matter how often that question is asked.

I pulled XD BACKUP GUN's post, as I will not allow this forum to turn into a cesspool of anger and negativity. There are plenty of forum out there that better fit that model. I am OK with lively debate and disagreements, however I am not one that encourages sucker punches. That was a sucker punch.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Old School you 'da man.

·
Registered
125 Posts
XD Backup Gun you're not.

·
Registered
277 Posts
REC613 said:
Ive got a NEW Xd 4'' 40s&w what does changing the guide rod and spring do for the gun? Any info would be great,

Thanks
Well now thats taken care of :x ,
REC613, Hope we helped out a little so far. Don't worry about asking any :?: s . Thats what this forum is for . Rather its been posted before or not. If others don't like than they can carry thier ass!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts