Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a good .22 that would be similar to the XD Tac. I currently have a Ruger 22/45 (my first pistol), oddly I can't get my groups on target, I'm always low left. I have zero problems getting groups dead center with my XD. It's very frustrating and I feel as though the Ruger isn't helping me improve at all. I replaced the Ruger front sight with a FO and have adjusted the rears every which way without success.

Any suggestions on some .22 guns that are similar to the XD and what I could (should?) do with my Ruger would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in same boat as you. I was looking at the ruger for a .22 for practice.

i will be interested in the replies on this thread. thanks for starting

·
Registered
56 Posts
S&W M&P they make a full size 22 version that's what I would do

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in same boat as you. I was looking at the ruger for a .22 for practice.

i will be interested in the replies on this thread. thanks for starting
I personally think the Ruger 22/45 is not a good trainer if you use XDs exclusively like I do. I happen to have the version without swappable grips too.

·
Registered
29,619 Posts
Get rid of the XD and Ruger, get a Glock and then get an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for it...:twisted:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sig sells a .22 version of it's model 229(I think that's the model number). It's more of a full sized gun. It's priced like a full sized Sig too, but it might be a better practice gun. Stay away from the Mosquito, very finicky with most ammo.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
There have been some pretty good reviews of the more recent Walther P22's..... the early runs seemed to have some problems.

I ended up with a BuckMark and really love that choice. VERY tight groups, but the trigger is nothing like an XDM. (Or my Kahr for that matter).

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
There have been some pretty good reviews of the more recent Walther P22's..... the early runs seemed to have some problems.

I ended up with a BuckMark and really love that choice. VERY tight groups, but the trigger is nothing like an XDM. (Or my Kahr for that matter).
for me the p22 is very similar to the XD, plus you can get it with the longer barrel to come closer to the length of the tactical

though remember, the XD has the same grip angle as a 1911, so you could always get a 1911 and a 22 conversion for it, but no trigger is the same as a 1911

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sig sells a .22 version of it's model 229(I think that's the model number). It's more of a full sized gun. It's priced like a full sized Sig too, but it might be a better practice gun. Stay away from the Mosquito, very finicky with most ammo.
+1 Have one and it ONLY feeds CCI Mini Mags.
Sometimes I get lucky with Federal Jacketed...

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you look around you will find the Berretta 92 series, the Glock and the CZ series among a few others, like the 1911 and I am sure several others that they make 22 conversions for.

I have personally used the 1911, Glock and the Beretta versions for training and practice.

I also have used the CMMG AR version for training on the lost cost end with the AR and it saves tons of money and works really well.

Maybe someone will come out with a 22 conversion kit for the XD someday, but I would not hold my breath until then.

Good luck with your practice.

I also have the Ruger 22/45 Marklll and the standard Markll for my 22 pistols and agree they are ok for shooting, and the controls are in the same location as the 1911, but do not work at all like the 1911 and are very hard to operate. Good idea in theory, but not in operation not so great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts