Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the .22 LR conversion kit for the XD made by Advantage Arms? I enjoy plinking and am considering it as a good add-on to keep one handgun for two purposes. I do own a Colt .22 LR Huntsman and enjoy shooting it too. I used to have a 1911 chambered in .22 LR and used it for training purposes and plinking. It looks like you just replace the slide assembly and magazine and you are ready to go. I have not done any internal conversions on my XD Service Pistol.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Has anyone used the .22 LR conversion kit for the XD made by Advantage Arms? I enjoy plinking and am considering it as a good add-on to keep one handgun for two purposes. I do own a Colt .22 LR Huntsman and enjoy shooting it too. I used to have a 1911 chambered in .22 LR and used it for training purposes and plinking. It looks like you just replace the slide assembly and magazine and you are ready to go. I have not done any internal conversions on my XD Service Pistol.
I was one of the original testers for that product, my version worked very well it was some what picky on ammo but mine worked great.
Don

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've been wanting this conversion since it was released. This past week I've been shooting my dad's S&W Victory & It's been giving me the itch to pick up a 22 plinker.
It'll get my XD9 out of the safe more often.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Cool but not sure $303 cool.

Fyi ... there is a thread on here for $100 off Buckmarks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anyone use one of these with an XDM 5.25 equipped with a Powder River trigger setup? I've seen ads that say:

"These XD Conversion Kits are made to work on FACTORY STOCK XDM frames. Aftermarket parts such as trigger bars or trigger jobs can adversely affect the function and reliability of your conversion kit. "

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well didn't hear from anybody here but I brought I anyway. Interesting finding is it does not seem to like my XDm 4.5 factory stock but it likes my XDm 5.25 with PR trigger setup (MIL not competition). Seems to shoot well with the recommended ammo (CCI Mini-Mag 40 RN) although it does have some problem with the first round which I found is because the slide does not always go fully into battery (a well known problem I guess), easy enough to fix..

·
Premium Member
18,081 Posts
Well didn't hear from anybody here but I brought I anyway. Interesting finding is it does not seem to like my XDm 4.5 factory stock but it likes my XDm 5.25 with PR trigger setup (MIL not competition). Seems to shoot well with the recommended ammo (CCI Mini-Mag 40 RN) although it does have some problem with the first round which I found is because the slide does not always go fully into battery (a well known problem I guess), easy enough to fix..
Like I used to say to my daughters: “What am I, chopped liver?”
I had one for a while, but decided a dedicated .22LR was more practical than swapping the slide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.