1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
there is one in the works.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tony, your timing is excellent. I was thinking about putting fifteen hundred bucks into a custom G26 (grip reduction, 22 conversion, and lasermax). With a .22 conversion on the horizon and a lasermax by the end of the year, I can stick with my XD sub9 and put all of that money into ammo!
Any idea as to when "in the works" might become "on the market" (ballpark)?
Thanks
Aaron Stevens

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
It is a secret, as they are not a firm who you would expect this from. It is a first attempt at such a thing and they want the room to back out, if it doesn't meet their expectations.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Talked to the SA rep at a local shop today. He says that to his knowledge there is NO .22LR conversion in the works at HS Produkt or SA. Just letting you know what I hear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since no one else has said it i will gladly test this out for who ever is making it and give my honest review. So i get first dibs on testing i might be interested in a group buy if that happens also. i need a 22 semi auto and would love to make it an xd

·
Registered
173 Posts
Old School, do you know if they are working on this for all XD models (i.e. SC, Service and Tac)?

Of course I probably need to buy my XD first. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Old School said:
Actually, if all goes as planned, I will be the beta test site. :p I will be honest as well. :D
i am sure we all trust you too. If you need some more help the offer is there. Good question will it be the same kit for all versions of the xd service

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
.22 Long Rifle conversions would be much more enticing to me if they were less expensive. In most situations the conversion unit costs as much as a new Ruger Mark 2 or similar .22 pistol.

Maybe if I shot something more expensive than a 9mm, I might consider a conversion with the justification that I can train with my XD for less. As it is, 9mm is cheap enough where that isn't a major concern. Maybe this is why the Kimber and similar conversions are popular. They're replacing .45 ACP with .22 LR.

Unless this conversion is much less expensive than others on the market, I'll put that $250 or $300 into a Mark 2 or 3 before a conversion unit. Just something to think about since it's apparently still in development.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Perhaps this has to do with why you want the kit. If you just want to shoot ammo, picking up the markII is a great idea (you'll never beat it for reliability). IF you want to be able to put rounds through your carry gun or gun you compete with .ie your XD, it has to be THAT gun (inherently that sight picure, that weight, that mag release, etc). Since many of us have the XD for carry or IDPA, etc, being able to get cheap familiarity with the XD with a .22 conversion kit is a wonderful thing. I'd pay 300, easy (becaseu I'd go through that in 9 mm ammo in a couple of weeks). Siince I love to shoot my XD a lot, a .22 conversion kit is just the only way to go. I jsut hope that they make a kit for each XD (3", 4", 5")!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't think there would be a lack of interest in this, but just for fun, add my name to the list. And once again, Old School.... we are all jealous. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now maybe I missed it, but is the intended verion to be for all three versions or just the service? This will undoubtely influence whether I pick up the tac or the service to keep my sub company... :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts