Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around and it looks like two companies have had waiting lists for them for >1 year now. Anyone know any more information - are any available?

If not, what sort of .22 pistol would you guys recommend?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
The 22 conversion has been talked about for years ... Sadly, it doesn't seem that it will ever be.

At least 2 companies have announced release dates, only to rescind their product with no mention of anything in the future.

As for 22 semi-auto pistol recommendations,
You can never go wrong with a Ruger or Browning, and I've heard more good than bad about the Walther ... Got a friend who has one, and it's a pretty sweet gun.

And S&W makes a nice one, but it's a bit more expensive.

Those seem to be the most talked about ones I know of ... Shoot before you buy, if you can.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
There are enough varieties of the Ruger 22/45 that you might find one that you like. They are well-balanced and handle nicely. Mine's a 5.5" bull barrel, but I think the slab sides and fluted hunter versions are cool, too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After reading several .22 reviews, watching youtube vids/reviews, and finally shooting one, I went with the plain 'ol Ruger 22/45 MIII 5.5" all black. Looking forward to mixing it up at the range with this one. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts