Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get my girlfriend a .22 pistol for a while. She digs the look of my 1911, so I was thinking of getting a .22 conversion kit instead. Am I correct in thinking that this just consists of a new slide, spring and barrel? Also, are they brand specific? I have a Smith and Wesson 1911 .45

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothin'?

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
The usually aren't brand specific.

A .22 conversion is the entire top half of your pistol + a magazine. Remove your old slide assembly, put the conversion on, load the magazine.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe just get a GSG .22 1911 for about the same price as a conversion? Just throwing that out there...
I would, but mass sucks and a lot of guns aren't compliant with our approved list. I don't think the GSG or any other bargain 1911 type is. Cuda, so if it's just the slide assembly it'll be easy to switch out with my .45 slide at the range, right? She's not getting my baby the entire time! Any suggestions on who makes a good set-up?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would, but mass sucks and a lot of guns aren't compliant with our approved list. I don't think the GSG or any other bargain 1911 type is. Cuda, so if it's just the slide assembly it'll be easy to switch out with my .45 slide at the range, right? She's not getting my baby the entire time! Any suggestions on who makes a good set-up?
Holy crap I just looked at a few search results for your state. Yikes! :shock:

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
The Marvel Precision conversion is one of the highest rated and very accurate. They just came out with a new one that should be even more accurate. It is a drop-in on any standard 1911 frame. You can switch it out at the range in about a minute with a special tool that looks like a small tire lug wrench.

All tend to be a bit ammo sensitive. The Marvel requires high velocity .22LR to function. I love mine and have one on a Series 70 frame I use to warm up with at the range.

One caution is check to see how well any of them will work with the Schwartz or Series 80 FPB. My 1911 doesn't have one so it wasn't an issue.

CX

·
Registered
515 Posts
I run a Marvel .22 conversion on my TRP. It is very accurate and reliable on cci mini mags and even Remington golden bullet bulk packs. Careful if you decide on the kimber conversion as the mags were not compatible with my TRP because of the magwell.

Marvel is one of the most accurate 1911 conversions on the market IMO.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Stay away form anything with the Ciener name even near it. EVERY unit of theirs I have seen 15+ are nearly unusable JUNK. And their customer service entails cussing out the customer (me).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hello from CA...i know how you feel about the gun laws :(

I have a tactical solutions conversion, wow...they have raised the price since I bought mine a few years back.
Really happy with it, chose it mainly because of, lock back on last round, and made of steel so the weight is close to a regular 1911.
No competition shooting, so it serves my purpose...but it is accurate and does groups well.

Yes, Marvel is probably the best out there, look...this guy uses it, so it must be good :LoL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts