Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll. Has anyone had heard if .22 conversion kits for the XDs might be on the horizon? I love the one I have for my 1911. It has definitely helped with my form and drawing techniques without costing an arm and a leg in ammo.

Also, as a side note, I haven't been on this forum very long, but I've learned a ton. Keep up the good work! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
how exactly would a .22 cycle? what does one use for a spring, jello? or is it just expected that you would rack the slide manually for every shot?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'd like one for the Sub Compact too, it would be a good size for a .22 in general. Make the slide from aluminum and it would be a good trail gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was hoping they would come our with a rubber band conversion kit. I had a really neat repeating rubberband gun in elementary school and would love to use my XD with rubberbands cause they are cheap and reusable.

And by the way, if this post pissed you off, lighten up a little...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I emailed one of the after market .22 conversion folks a while back and they said it would take at least 500 sales to cover the toolling costs and justify it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What woud be the best way to go about doing this? I lost the email thread so I don't know if it was Jarvis, Ciener, or another vendor.

Maybe the best way to go would be for one of the sponsor/vendors to approach the manufacturers. Then they could ask forum members for a set number of paid pre-orders. With that in hand a manufacturer would be more comfortable tooling up.

Anyone out there want to step up to the plate?

rwc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be onboard with it, but I don't really have the connections to set it up. However, I'd definitely be willing to do anything else to get the ball rolling, like write letters, or solicit orders. Let's see if we can get something going!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Put me on whatever list is being formed for the .22 conversions. I think that'd be a real fun shoot. Been kinda looking for a new plinker, this might just be it....if it actually happens

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Looks like we are still waiting......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts