Springfield XD Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
As to liking the state but hating the leadership, that ship sailed a long time ago.
My state used to be great, but over the last twenty years we have to pick who will damage it the least.

CA isn't any different and won't change in our lifetime (my state either).
That's why at retirement I am leaving.

Just something else to think about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
As to liking the state but hating the leadership, that ship sailed a long time ago.
My state used to be great, but over the last twenty years we have to pick who will damage it the least.

CA isn't any different and won't change in our lifetime (my state either).
That's why at retirement I am leaving.

Just something else to think about.
A cocky butthole once said: Not with that attitude 馃槀

Eventually things change and I hear ya it's frustrating but brother we have to be as positive as possible

Registered
A cocky butthole once said: Not with that attitude

Eventually things change and I hear ya it's frustrating but brother we have to be as positive as possible
I'm positive things won't get better in these liberal cesspools, in our lifetime.

How's that?

There are how many million scumocrats in your county, how are you going to change that? You will never get your god given rights with that many "short bus people" voting.

My state has eighty some counties, 7 dumbocrat infested counties ruin elections every cycle, it's been that way since before I was born, I thought things were changing but its back to the way it was before.

That tells me to get prepared to cut bait and head for better seas. Which is the plans for retirement.

Premium Member
I own and like the one pictured in original post. Just to verify here, it is accurate with those dinky GI sights, but you will not easily change them. I did change the grip panels for real Ivory. just beautiful, but they broke when I fired the gun. Now some good looking wood.

I would recommend the "Rock" series instead here as it has better panels, good, but changeable sights. They offer a Rock Ultra too with fiber optic front sight and some secret squirrel mods.

The "GI" model I have is great if you like the WWI sights, but you will be stuck with them. I am keeping mine.

EDIT: Did not see that the "ROCK" series to be unavailable in California. I have lived in Hollywood, Pasadena, and Sierra Madre, but left in the late '70's. Really went downhill.

Premium Member
Hope you the best of luck !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Changing sights on a GI 1911 isn't that difficult. As far as the grips go il probably end up going with some wrap around rubber grips.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well that didn't last long family bbq 馃槀 ended up having a few beers and a box of reds 馃槀. I'm still gonna get my officer 1911.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Alright so that goal didn't last long but iv cut done like a son of a gun. Especially the alcohol part. I'm easily stretching my cigarettes to a box every 2-3 days. Iv been meeting my goal of 10k steps and going for a mild bike ride every other day. Loosing 8lbs isn't going to be a problem. The smoking is another issue just the thought alone makes me wanna have a smoke. Well I got anxious the other day and I made the purchase. The thing is Turner's told me that there 1-6 months out and that's what they were told maybe longer til I get my RIA. I'm gonna wait on ordering the parts unless I run in to a deal.

Anybody here have any experience with the stream light tlr6 ? Yay or nay?

Registered
Alright so that goal didn't last long but iv cut done like a son of a gun. Especially the alcohol part. I'm easily stretching my cigarettes to a box every 2-3 days. Iv been meeting my goal of 10k steps and going for a mild bike ride every other day. Loosing 8lbs isn't going to be a problem. The smoking is another issue just the thought alone makes me wanna have a smoke. Well I got anxious the other day and I made the purchase. The thing is Turner's told me that there 1-6 months out and that's what they were told maybe longer til I get my RIA. I'm gonna wait on ordering the parts unless I run in to a deal.

Anybody here have any experience with the stream light tlr6 ? Yay or nay?
Take a clear pop bottle, remove the labels and fill it about 1/2 to 3/4 with water, the drop a cigarette in the bottle, put the cap back on and place the bottle next to your tooth brush.
This should cut the cigarette cravings.

You're welcome.

The TLR-6 has an awkward switch, I dumped mine two days after installing it for a crimson trace LL-801G (that model is gun specific for a Shield), the CT cost more but the switch is simple to use.

I use other TLR lights and the quality seems good and from what I've read their CS is great (although I've never needed it).

41 - 49 of 49 Posts