Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a dramatizatrion of social order breakdown -- compiled of riot video from LA to Cincinnati, Katrina and Greece.
A currency crisis will bring America to its knees and rioting and looting will erupt across the whole nation as social order fails. Martial Law will be declared and food shortages with electrical / phone/ water utility disruption are to be expected. Gerald Celente, Marc Faber, Jim Rogers and Ron Paul predict this as our future as our Government's Debt overwhelms the system.Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I guess I'd never really thought about "hardening" my house but it should probably be something to keep in mind while remodeling/updating. We've had some pretty bad storms lately too (we had 70mph straight line winds that broke some windows this spring) so some window and door protection has double benefits.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would start working on ways to harden your home
Start with fire-proofing ... If you can't do that,
Don't spend a bunch of money on reinforcements that can be scrounged over time.
And stucco construction,
Don't waste money on doors and windows, when someone can just come through a wall.

A kamikaze'd (operator bails at slow speed) motorcycle makes a walk through opening in them, and a car/truck will let your entire squad see through the building LOL :twisted: while no one outside gets hurt ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
i love my cookie cutter cardboard that's worth half of what i paid for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The south shall rise again,dam yankees screwed up this country,pushing thier way thru across this great counrtry stealling land and gold back in the 1800's.The U.S. is going to hell in a hand basket.We are so buisy giving money to other countries.we should take care of our own.There are thousands of our veterans home less,and our govenrnment dont give a **** as long money go's into thier pockets.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
What I find interesting is that people are always mentioning how the general populace are just sheep that go unarmed and are oblivious to their surroundings, yet, during an apocalypse they're all armed and well trained bandits.

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
If I was a store owner in or near any big city, I'd definitely have a role down cage for the storefront and some serious doors elswhere. Cant count on insurance covering riot damage. If it becomes widespread the insurance companies wont be able to pay, and certainly not in a timely manner. I can only hope the people in charge have the balls to point out that shooting looters is justifiable, when it goes down.

Even small podunk towns are at risk. Once the local hooligans start to see the looting going on on TV, they will get together have "have some fun", then other will see it going on and join in. There wouldn't be a whole lot a 3 man police force could do about it either

·
Registered
691 Posts
What I find interesting is that people are always mentioning how the general populace are just sheep that go unarmed and are oblivious to their surroundings, yet, during an apocalypse they're all armed and well trained bandits.
Rioters are not armed, well trained bandits. They overwhelm by numbers. This is also why they can be quelled by a significantly smaller number of armed police, unless the police are spread too thin that is. I think you read something into this thread that was never said when you made your statement.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Rioters are not armed, well trained bandits. They overwhelm by numbers. This is also why they can be quelled by a significantly smaller number of armed police, unless the police are spread too thin that is. I think you read something into this thread that was never said when you made your statement.
Oops, my mistake. I was taking a bit further thinking of a breakdown in law/order and occurrences similar to those happening in London or if someone tried to sack my house. I would think looters would run if someone open fired.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would stock on empty sandbags to fill...many uses

Good thought.

Also people need to start thinking about multi-use of everyday items. Old cans and a vine are a good alarm system. Drier lint is a great fire starter. The top of your sock is a great pressure bandage for a leg wound. etc etc etc.

I can envision homes by trash dumps becoming prized real estate after the world economy collapses. (hope it never comes to that!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts